Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Offseason Signing? Reiff or Keenum?
Never, ever expected Reiff to come here and play like this. Never. I'm still in shock. The story is these guys on the line are super close buds. Do a bunch of stuff together. 

Someone a lot football smarter than me saw Reiff as a LT again...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Someone a lot football smarter than me saw Reiff as a LT again...
Yep...I complained and moaned about it originally when the signing was official, shows I know squat. And when I'm busy not knowing squat, I move on to knowing very little. Smile

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Let's put it this way: I'd rather have Reiff and Teddy than Clemmons and Case.   B)

Keenum is very thankful Reiff is in there.  Case is playing well, but that line has brought new life to his career.
Except for the minor point that it would have been Reiff and Sloter...

Still going with Reiff, but just pointing that little fact out.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Let's put it this way: I'd rather have Reiff and Teddy than Clemmons and Case.   B)

Keenum is very thankful Reiff is in there.  Case is playing well, but that line has brought new life to his career.
Except for the minor point that it would have been Reiff and Sloter...

Still going with Reiff, but just pointing that little fact out.
or Reiff and Heineke, or Reiff and some other FA QB that would have been brought in.  Likely not Sloter as he wouldnt have been our #2 regardless of who else was here besides Case.

Yeah, realized that after I posted it.  Probably would have been Hienken.

Reiff's performance against Quinn was eye opening for sure. He took a great season to another level last Sunday.

When Keenum drops back, reads and throws, Reiff is the rock that makes it work. Protecting the blind side, hes a major reason Keenum can stay in there and make reads.

I think Keenum has a natural ability to overcome rushers. He can slip behind blockers and slide into open lanes very well. 

Keenum has an ability to over come Reiff not being there. Put in a TJ Clemmings in there, I think Keenum still makes a lot of the houdini plays he has, but he probably doesnt become such a consistent passer. There are stretches now where the protection is unbelievable. Take that away, and Keenum naturally has a tougher time play to play to play...

Reiff has been an absolute stud at LT.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:

Dude, I am SOOOOO thankful the Vikings have Case instead of Shaun Hill. 

Sign and draft big 10 Olineman. Problem solved.

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
Reiff's performance against Quinn was eye opening for sure. He took a great season to another level last Sunday.

When Keenum drops back, reads and throws, Reiff is the rock that makes it work. Protecting the blind side, hes a major reason Keenum can stay in there and make reads.

I think Keenum has a natural ability to overcome rushers. He can slip behind blockers and slide into open lanes very well. 

Keenum has an ability to over come Reiff not being there. Put in a TJ Clemmings in there, I think Keenum still makes a lot of the houdini plays he has, but he probably doesnt become such a consistent passer. There are stretches now where the protection is unbelievable. Take that away, and Keenum naturally has a tougher time play to play to play...

Reiff has been an absolute stud at LT.
Deserved of Pro Bowl season-to-date...