Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Offseason Signing? Reiff or Keenum?
Smile

Reiff,  hands down.   

He has shut down opposing defenders.  I think that Case has done a nice job but he wasnt signed to do what he is doing and I dont think he would have been near as productive if he was getting planted like Sam was last year.

can we just agree, the last few offseasons that Rick S has done his job!?

Both! 

Reiff caught some flak from fans who didn't think he could be a good LT...  and largely dismissed his above average play at LT earlier in his career.  He's really solidified the offensive line and hasn't given up a sack all season.  He is a major reason why this offense has been able take that next step along with the additions of Remmers and Elflein.  The running game has been clicking and pass protection has been VERY GOOD.  Huge ripple effect when you can trust your LT to hold his own every Sunday.

Keenum has played well overall.  Better than anyone could have expected.  His biggest contributions have been his ability to avoid sacks with his mobility and he does a great job of extending plays.  It isn't always pretty, but he's been getting the job done.  The Vikings DEFINITLEY wouldn't be sitting at 8-2 at this point if we didn't have him.

If I had to pick one, I think I'd still go with Reiff.  I don't think Keenum would be as effective without a strong running game and great pass protection.  I'm not trying to take anything away from Keenum, but the Vikings offensive turnaround is more about the Vikings getting stronger in the trenches.

The Vikings really hit some home runs in Free Agency this off-season.  Reiff, Remmers, Keenum, and Murray...  

BOOM

Let's put it this way: I'd rather have Reiff and Teddy than Clemmons and Case.   B)

Keenum is very thankful Reiff is in there.  Case is playing well, but that line has brought new life to his career.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Let's put it this way: I'd rather have Reiff and Teddy than Clemmons and Case.   B)

Keenum is very thankful Reiff is in there.  Case is playing well, but that line has brought new life to his career.
I like Teddy too, in his current position. Case has been a big reason why the line has not given up sacks, don't kid yourself. They are much improved, but Bradford or Tedster would have been dumped 2-3 times on sunday.

Quote: @"Neptizzle" said:
can we just agree, the last few offseasons that Rick S has done his job!?
I would agree, Rick has seemed to figure it out.

I think Keenum for 2 million is the better signing.
Reiff has done an excellent job though.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

I like Teddy too, in his current position. Case has been a big reason why the line has not given up sacks, don't kid yourself. They are much improved, but Bradford or Tedster would have been dumped 2-3 times on sunday.
I don't think Case is more mobile than a healthy Teddy, sorry. 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

I don't think Case is more mobile than a healthy Teddy, sorry. 
Teddy is healthy but we dont know what Teddys escapability will be like,  before the injury he got out of a shit ton of sacks,  but will he have the same dip and spin that he had pre knee injury we cant say.  as far as foot speed,  the two are very similar.   really hard to say,  I will say that I would give the nod to Teddy to get the ball out sooner to take pressure off the OL in the face of heavy pressure pre snap,  but its really hard to condemn Case on that either since he isnt taking sacks himself.

Pre-injury, Teddy was a better athlete than Case.  Teddy used to play receiver. He can (could?) run. He had moves - even juked defenders in the NFL. He was pretty slippery behind the line, too. 
He might take more sacks than Case but maybe that is because he protects the ball better than Case does.  (I am  surprised that Case has thrown only 5 interception considering how many times he puts the ball in harm's way and how long some of his passes remain in the air.)