Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Is The Best Possible Return Date For Teddy
Opening drive in the second half this Sunday...

I think Detroit with Teddy preparing for both teams this week. I don't think you'd want to wait too much longer than that. Of course Zimmer has probably told Case that if he keeps playing well, he keeps playing. I'm sure that is huge incentive for Keenum to prepare like a mad man. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I think Detroit with Teddy preparing for both teams this week. I don't think you'd want to wait too much longer than that. Of course Zimmer has probably told Case that if he keeps playing well, he keeps playing. I'm sure that is huge incentive for Keenum to prepare like a mad man. 
Yup, at some point the narrative may shift to will Teddy play this year...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Yup, at some point the narrative may shift to will Teddy play this year...
It's possible. Unlikely, but definitely a possibility. 

I don't think there is a return date this season.  I think Teddy returning depends on when Case loses the starting job.  The coaches think Case is playing well enough to start him against one of the best teams in the NFL with the Rams.  I'd say if Case keeps playing well, Teddy will stay at #2.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
There have been a few mentions here that making Teddy prepare for both teams is asking a lot in a short turnaround time. From a mental standpoint I am not concerned about that. Teddy is a  very smart guy and he's been following closely with the team since his rehab started so I can't see where from a mental aspect it would be asking too much. And, as the backup that's what he has to do anyway. Physically it could be tough for him but none of us know that for sure either. Both of our QBs just have to be highly motivated to play and that only benefits the team so I'm perfectly good with that Smile

Quote: @"medaille" said:
If Case plays great (similar to Washington, but without the
really bad ints) you have to keep riding him. 
If Case sucks, you move on the following game.  If Case is medium, you at some point need to
move over to Bridgewater just to see what he’s got.  I think Atlanta is the most likely game to do
it, as it would give him the long week to prepare rather than the short
week.  I don’t think you can wait until
too late in the year as at some point you need to make a decision and start preparing
for the post-season.

I think they should move to Bridgewater, and that they should wait for the Atlanta game to do it.  10 days of film and first-team reps will put him in the best possible position for success, given we're in-season.  Also, maybe less stress for his first game by playing on the road?

Detroit isn't a short week for Teddy as far as recovery.  It's a call that is going to have to be made with a bit of a leap of faith.  It was clear Zim believed in Teddy long term pre=injury.  I'm very curious what they are seeing in practice that keeps the possibility alive.  Teddy must look pretty sharp to eve contemplate the move.

Funny thing is you've got players coming out basically saying if it ain't broke, don't fix it...including Teddy...