Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Is The Best Possible Return Date For Teddy
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/1...idgewater/
Not this week...I picked up Keenum (Rather than play Goff)...

I would say the Detroit game and let him plan for the game now

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@Canthony said:
On a short week? He gets bsically one day to prepare for his return to the NFL? 

LOL. He is probably getting the game plan as we speak.

That is just my guess

Detroit, him and Shurmur are already working on it I'm sure

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/1...idgewater/
Not this week...I picked up Keenum (Rather than play Goff)...
well in that case, now I know TB is starting.

Quote: @Canthony said:
Don't understand how people think this is possible.  He is the backup QB and will need the limited reps for the Rams gameplan.  and the coaches are focused on the Rams.  They may have done some prep work during the bye, but all the focus this week is on the current opponent.  Allowing distractions would be stupid.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Canthony said:
Don't understand how people think this is possible.  He is the backup QB and will need the limited reps for the Rams gameplan.  and the coaches are focused on the Rams.  They may have done some prep work during the bye, but all the focus this week is on the current opponent.  Allowing distractions would be stupid.
I have heard that teams will start to prepare for their Thursday games a week ahead of time.  I am sure that the game plan changes from week to week are typically pretty subtle,  its not like the install a whole new offense for 1 week.  they will just spend more time going over certain plays and formations and maybe tweak some things in their existing stuff for this weeks opponent.

they could give Teddy more reps this week in an effort to ready him for the short week next week.   

IMO if the coached honestly think that Teddy is the better option.... what better game to bring him back than against a division foe?  granted on the road without a normal full week of prep isnt ideal,  but his body and mind is as fresh as it ever will likely be again in his career.

a divisional opponent would be a terrible time to bring him back. You don't know what you are going to get and losing a game in the division would have terrible consequences. Not to mention it's on the road on a short week. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
a divisional opponent would be a terrible time to bring him back. You don't know what you are going to get and losing a game in the division would have terrible consequences. Not to mention it's on the road on a short week. 
ignoring the part about Teddy being able to start working on detroit this week....  if Case doesnt shine at home against the Rams,  I dont want to see him Thursday,  on the road,  against a division opponent that has already beat him once this year at home.