Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beat Washington and I'm all-in with this assessment....
Quote: @Norse said:
@silverjoel said:
@StickyBun said:
There's just no way you can yank Keenum unless he messes up. It won't happen. They will ride him until he starts to fail. Every week Case performs well is another week they can get Bridgewater up to speed and even more ready. 

If Case plays well and wins in Washington, no way you see Teddy start at home against the Rams. 
I don't agree with that.  Don't wait until Case falters, start Bridgewater when he is deemed ready.  Putting in Bridgewater after like two losses in a row is a desperation move.  Desperation moves don't work.

The opposition gets tougher now.  Ignoring the division games, as they are split 3 in the first half and 3 in the second half of the season, the Vikings have only faced 2 teams at .500 or better (Saints and Steelers) and that was before the Saints had seemingly figured out their defense.  The second half currently has only 1 team under .500 (Bengals) and most are on the road.  The Lions are through their tough half and could easily go 6-2 in the second half.  If the Lions beat the Vikings, they have a pretty good shot at the division.   Waiting for Keenum to falter could cost the Vikings the division.

That is not meant to be knock on Keenum as he has filled in well, but Bridgewater is the better QB.

Why would you pull a QB that has the #6 QBR rating in the NFL. And the #4 rating in the NFL for QB's under pressure??

I am happy Teddy is back and I am sure he will get playing time when the coaches feel he is ready. But a lot of you want to do Keenum dirty.

Because Bridgewater played similar  when he was 22 as Keenum is playing now at 29 with the added benefit of a vastly improved OL.  If Bridgewater only gets his play to his 2015 level, he already at least matches everything that Keenum has and more.  No knock on Keenum, wonderful backup QB and deserves praise for doing what he has done.   Bridgewater has more to offer and the goal isn't simply to make the playoffs by default of the other teams in the division losing, but to win in the playoffs.

How is anything stated doing Keenum dirty?  He is the backup QB and has done a good job.  Again, don't wait for Keenum to fail.  It's better for Keenum if he goes out on a high note, better chance of him getting a raise or bridge starter role.  The Vikings are going to lose some games in the second half. It's going to happen.  Why wait to blame Keenum for those losses and then put in Bridgewater?  When it is determined, Bridgewater is the starter and Keenum is the backup (the role each player has on the team).

Quote: @silverjoel said:  Because Bridgewater played similar  when he was 22 as Keenum is playing now at 29 with the added benefit of a vastly improved OL.  If Bridgewater only gets his play to his 2015 level, he already at least matches everything that Keenum has and more.  No knock on Keenum, wonderful backup QB and deserves praise for doing what he has done.   Bridgewater has more to offer and the goal isn't simply to make the playoffs by default of the other teams in the division losing, but to win in the playoffs.

How is anything stated doing Keenum dirty?  He is the backup QB and has done a good job.  Again, don't wait for Keenum to fail.  It's better for Keenum if he goes out on a high note, better chance of him getting a raise or bridge starter role.  The Vikings are going to lose some games in the second half. It's going to happen.  Why wait to blame Keenum for those losses and then put in Bridgewater?  When it is determined, Bridgewater is the starter and Keenum is the backup (the role each player has on the team).
Next year Keenum will be a starting QB with some other team.
You know for sure after Teddy almost losing his leg and he hasn't played since 2015 he is going to take us to the playoffs? Now is that just your opinion or do you have inside information?
I would hope whatever QB is playing we don't have any loses.
Teddy's play in 2015 only scored 14 TD's while most of the top 10 QBs had 30 TD's
So I would think we would need to do better than 2015.

@JimmyinSD said:

Plenty of credit has been given to case for his effort and to his strentghs,  but we can also see the weaknesses in his game and are not drinking the kool-aid around our record and who we've beaten.  The games will get much tougher and there are legit concerns over Keenum's shortcomings going forward.
Your post is a prefect example what I'm talking about.
No mention Case is playing on the best team of his career. 
Vikings has 8 TD drives of at least 80 yards, tied for first in the NFL.
Case has a #5 QBR, Case is rated the 4th accurate passer in NFL under pressure.
Maybe he can improve on the first half.

Instead it's we see his weaknesses and are not drinking the Koolaid.

I can't say for sure the second half will be tougher. A lot of teams have injuries which is hurting them.

Egg-fucking-xactly.

I guess only Bridgewater is capable of improving, and not only improving, but making a gigantic leap in his playing ability after completely shredding his knee and not playing in a real NFL game for 22 months.

But Keenum obviously has hit his ceiling already and can only possibly go down from here.

Makes perfect sense....

@silverjoel said:  Because Bridgewater played similar  when he was 22 as Keenum is playing now at 29 with the added benefit of a vastly improved OL.  If Bridgewater only gets his play to his 2015 level, he already at least matches everything that Keenum has and more.  No knock on Keenum, wonderful backup QB and deserves praise for doing what he has done.   Bridgewater has more to offer and the goal isn't simply to make the playoffs by default of the other teams in the division losing, but to win in the playoffs.

You know for sure after Teddy almost losing his leg and he hasn't played since 2015 he is going to take us to the playoffs? Now is that just your opinion or do you have inside information?
Teddy's play in 2015 only scored 14 TD's while most of the top 10 QBs had 30 TD's
To combine several of your posts:

Wouldn't Bridgewater also be playing on the best team he's ever played on?

Why use QBR to judge Keenum as that same metric has Bradford as an average QB (below even Bridgewater) when you believe Bradford, if healthy, should play over Keenum?

Why bring up Bridgewater's TD passes as a knock against him, but leave out Keenum's TD passes this season?

Bridgewater didn't lose his leg, he's about to be a part of the Vikings active roster.  By all accounts, Bridgewater looks the best he's ever looked.

Do you know for sure Keenum is taking the Vikings to the playoffs?

I'm not getting sucked into this crap.  

@silverjoel said:  Because Bridgewater played similar  when he was 22 as Keenum is playing now at 29 with the added benefit of a vastly improved OL.  If Bridgewater only gets his play to his 2015 level, he already at least matches everything that Keenum has and more.  No knock on Keenum, wonderful backup QB and deserves praise for doing what he has done.   Bridgewater has more to offer and the goal isn't simply to make the playoffs by default of the other teams in the division losing, but to win in the playoffs.

Next year keenum will be starting with some other team.....now is that just your opinion or do you have some inside information.  B)