Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beat Washington and I'm all-in with this assessment....
RANK NFL.COM
[Image: MIN.png]6-2 VIKINGS
Love that the Vikings are flying well under the radar. Let them sneak up on everybody. I covered this in the "Closing Arguments" segment during the "NFL Power Rankings" show, but who's going to topple this group in the NFC North? While we're at it, which team in the NFC can Minnesota NOT take down? "I'd like the number zero for $500, Alex". The defense has been balling out since, well, Day 1. Remember what they did to the Saints in Week 1? (New Orleans was held to 19 points and 344 yards, both season lows.) The Vikes haven't given up more than 17 points since the Twins were still in it.

1. Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero  10m10 minutes ago
    More
    #Vikings QB Sam Bradford is visiting Dr. James Andrews again today as he continues to seek answers on his injured knee, per sources.

Direct message
  2. [Image: JNqPFXW1_bigger.jpg]Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero  6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Knee scope has always been last resort for Bradford, who had Regenokine treatments a few weeks ago. Trying everything to get back on field.

Direct message
  3. [Image: JNqPFXW1_bigger.jpg]Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero  5m5 minutes ago
    More
    As @RapSheet said yesterday, Case Keenum is likely starter this week. Bridgewater has had backup reps in 6 practices. No rush. They're 6-2.

Quote: @StickyBun said:

More
    #Vikings QB Sam Bradford is visiting Dr. James Andrews again today as he continues to seek answers on his injured knee, per sources.

Direct message
  2. [Image: JNqPFXW1_bigger.jpg]Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero  6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Knee scope has always been last resort for Bradford, who had Regenokine treatments a few weeks ago. Trying everything to get back on field.

Direct message
  3. [Image: JNqPFXW1_bigger.jpg]Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero  5m5 minutes ago
    More
    As @RapSheet said yesterday, Case Keenum is likely starter this week. Bridgewater has had backup reps in 6 practices. No rush. They're 6-2.

didnt Case himself say that last week he and Teddy were sharing the starting reps?

There's just no way you can yank Keenum unless he messes up. It won't happen. They will ride him until he starts to fail. Every week Case performs well is another week they can get Bridgewater up to speed and even more ready. 

If Case plays well and wins in Washington, no way you see Teddy start at home against the Rams. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

More

Direct message
    More

Direct message
    More

didnt Case himself say that last week he and Teddy were sharing the starting reps?
They gave Case a veteran day last Wednesday due to a minor chest injury so Teddy stepped in and took a majority if not all the first team reps that practice. Otherwise it was the normal 2/3 starter, 1/3 backup split. So Teddy didn't get nearly as much work Thur/Fri. Moving forward I would expect them to up Teddy's workload so he's comfortable with the starting offense. More because of a potential injury than Case under performing. 

There's just no way you can yank Keenum unless he messes up. It won't happen. They will ride him until he starts to fail. Every week Case performs well is another week they can get Bridgewater up to speed and even more ready. 

If Case plays well and wins in Washington, no way you see Teddy start at home against the Rams. 
This is likely what will happen. The question will be how short his leash is. In the short-term while Teddy is still getting comfortable I'd imagine it'll be longer. But as we get closer to Thanksgiving I would imagine that leash will be very short. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Teddy get into a game if the Vikings are up big. The front office does need film on him to make an evaluation at the end of the year. If Case continues to play well at least they'd have something to use besides practice footage. 

Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson  6m6 minutes ago
More
#Vikings aren't going to waive QB Kyle Sloter, so if they don't put Sam Bradford on IR they will carry 4 QBs when Teddy Bridgewater returns.

I don't agree with that.  Don't wait until Case falters, start Bridgewater when he is deemed ready.  Putting in Bridgewater after like two losses in a row is a desperation move.  Desperation moves don't work.

The opposition gets tougher now.  Ignoring the division games, as they are split 3 in the first half and 3 in the second half of the season, the Vikings have only faced 2 teams at .500 or better (Saints and Steelers) and that was before the Saints had seemingly figured out their defense.  The second half currently has only 1 team under .500 (Bengals) and most are on the road.  The Lions are through their tough half and could easily go 6-2 in the second half.  If the Lions beat the Vikings, they have a pretty good shot at the division.   Waiting for Keenum to falter could cost the Vikings the division.

That is not meant to be knock on Keenum as he has filled in well, but Bridgewater is the better QB.

[Image: min.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true]4. Minnesota Vikings2017 record: 6-2
Week 9 ranking: No. 5[Image: gn-arrow.png]
Preseason ranking: 17. Case Keenum has started the bulk of the games for the Vikings this season, and they've still jumped from middle of the pack to near the top in the rankings. Keenum deserves credit, but so does the defense, which has allowed the third-fewest points per game this season.

If this is true, then the Vikings are better than every team they will face the 2nd half of the season. I just don't see us as that kind of team with Case Keenum at QB. We could be with Sam Bradford or Teddy Bridgewater, but it's looking less and less likely that Sam makes it back, and how Teddy performs after his injury is still a question mark. I'd have the Vikings top 10, but until we have one of our starting QBs back, I'd have a hard time putting the Vikings at #4.