Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sendejo receives 1-game suspension...
this was a bad callby the nfl for sure there was no intent to harm on his part

I feel the flag and now suspension was more for the result than the hit itself. The hard thing for him is that he has a reputation for being reckless, so when situations like this come up, he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt. He has hurt teammates before, notably Rhodes, he was fined for a hit against the Bucs, and he has a tendency to be on the edge of late on hits. Certainly not a headhunter like Chuck Cecil, but he puts himself into some bad positions at times.

The receiver caught the ball, and as Zimmer said, he took at least 5 steps, which makes him a ball carrier. It was not hitting a defenseless player. Totally different than the Burfict hit. Wallace had already established himself as a runner.
Yes, it is bs and the NFL just thinks these players can halt themselves on a dime during game actions.  No its not that easy to do.

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
I think it boils down to the term "necessary "  the ball carrier was stopped and sendejo came in for the kill shot.  The game is evolving in the name of player safety and the players have to learn how to play at a high level without taking those shots.
You're arguing the players shouldn't be as vicious. I'd agree but the venn diagram between vicious play and skillful play is pretty broad. This league is turning into shit right before our eyes.

Player safety is a serious concern, but the nature of the sport is violent, dangerous, and will probably wreck your later years. You can't escape that. Suspending Sendejo for a game is  PR move to show they care.

This league is run by short-sighted retards. 
I was a safety and loved the position so no I am not arguing for less violence.  Simply saying that the game is changing and as a result the player mindset needs to change as well.  I don't like the change,  I didn't l like the call and I don't support the suspension,  but these will become the norm IMO and players need to adjust.

As far as Sendejos playING style and injuring teammates....it's part of the game,  get over it.  The same excuses being made for why he shouldn't be suspended on this hit hold true for why he shouldn't be dinged for injuring teammates... it's a fast violent game.

It sucks, but I think the hit was certainly debatable either way. Regardless, this is a game Minnesota should win. Colossal disappointment if they choke this thing away. 

He'll likely appeal and it should be overturned...this isn't Mark Carrier 2.0...this was the next step in their protocol after his fine vs Brate...to me, what Lynch did is 10x worse...not even close...

Ok.... now I am pissed about the suspension.  I was not surprised with their decision.... but now that Burfict isnt getting anything from the boots to the face incident... this is bull shit.

The calls are inconsistent. It's not like they will suspend every player for similar hits, certainly not big name players. There are a few dirty players. Burfict is definitely one of them. I get that Sendejo has a previous incident. But I think it was more because of the result of the play. It still sucks though. Just another way to penalize the defense. 

Oh I wish Sendejo would stop playing with the BoneCrusher mentality. I'd rather him look to be a ballpark.

With Xavier being shut down, Harry being maybe the bes in the game, Andrew, you keep doing you.  I love attitude on this team, I love that we have almost a maniac ready to throw his body and head into the mix to make an impact.  He’s getting better with his positioning and timing, personally i think he’s becoming a force at his position, not a liability.  That hit on Wallace was a clean one to me as Wallace took 5 steps and was a runner.  Its the equivalent of the J Clowney highlight reel tackle vs Michigan, just too hard for the NFL’s new policy.  

When we have big games down the road, games where you need a thumper with attitude to layout a receiver, we have that guy now.  Broncos had Ward, Seahawks have Kam. His hits will strike fear in WR coming over the middle and with a defense like this, opposing offenses need as many opportunities as they can get because they are typically few and far between.  This D usually gives up about 10 points (not coming off a turnover) a game before the garbage points or yards come in.  WR that fear the middle of the field, won’t help opposing offenses put up points