Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barr seems to be having a bounce-back kinda year...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1/Barr...584a9ce03a
Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer praised Barr's performance not only on Sunday but through the first seven games of the season. 
"Anthony's been playing great. He's been playing with a lot of fire, tenacity," Zimmer said. "He was able to get the one sack, but I know there was another time he was free off the backside that he almost got there.
"The guy's just playing really good right now," Zimmer added. "I love big, fast, physical guys, and he kind of fits that bill."

Anthony Barr continues his surge by dominating RavensOn Friday, Anthony Barr just shook his head at a question about being rated among the top 10 linebackers this season by Pro Football Focus.
Whether you use PFF ratings, regular stats or the old eye test, you’ll come to the same conclusion about Barr’s season: He is dominating. On Sunday, Barr racked up 11 tackles, one sack and two tackles for loss as the Vikings’ defense allowed just 3.3 yards per play to the Baltimore Ravens.
“I’m in a good place mentally,” Barr said following the 24-16 win. “I think that’s the biggest part. Physically that’s going to come and go, but mentally I feel in a good place. Confident…and it’s a testament to my teammates and coaches who continue to believe in me.”
“I know people were saying he had an off year last year, but I thought he played well,” safety Harrison Smith said. “The splash plays is what people notice the most, when you get those everyone hypes you up. But he’s ballin’ and he’s playing with a lot of passion, he loves playing in this defense and we love being with him.”
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/1...ng-ravens/

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Waynes still under-performs. He gets tested a lot since QBs don't want to throw at Rhodes. But Rhodes takes the best opposing receiver and Waynes still gives up way too many receptions.  He is not terrible, but for a high first round pick, he's a big disappointment.
its not like Waynes is left with chopped liver on some of these teams... he was covering Jordy Nelson last week for shits sake.  Waynes is doing just fine for the most part,  and exceeding expectations IMO in some aspects, especially tackling and run support.  the knock on him coming out of college is lack of physical play... he seems to have corrected that so I have no concerns of him continuing to grow into a really good player for us.

Who was he covering in the Baltimore game?  They had a bunch of nobodies at WR. So yesterday he WAS covering chopped liver. Vikings give up a single TD to a totally inept offense. Guess who gave it up?  If he is exceeding expectations, then the expectations for a high first round pick are absurdly low.  By that standard, Treadwell is also exceeding expectations.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:

Who was he covering in the Baltimore game?  They had a bunch of nobodies at WR. So yesterday he WAS covering chopped liver. Vikings give up a single TD to a totally inept offense. Guess who gave it up?  If he is exceeding expectations, then the expectations for a high first round pick are absurdly low.  By that standard, Treadwell is also exceeding expectations.
To be fair...  the Ravens WR gave Waynes a pretty good push to create separation on that TD catch.  The refs obviously aren't going to call that on a play where time is expiring and the Vikings are up 15 points.

Barr is playing very well this year. Head seems to be in a good place. Active on the field. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"dadevike" said:

To be fair...  the Ravens WR gave Waynes a pretty good push to create separation on that TD catch.  The refs obviously aren't going to call that on a play where time is expiring and the Vikings are up 15 points.
you beat me to it.  nobody can cover when the refs are just wanting the game over.

We had the Ravens under 200 yards passing until the prevent and they went 65 yards in the air vs prevent.  Waynes played fine!

Back to the OP:

Barr is not having a bounce back year he is having a career year.  He is playing better then he ever has.  He is not missing tackles like he has all the previous years.

Who did we extend of Defense this offseason - Griff, Joseph, Rhodes and Harry the year before that.  Barr is going to be costly with Kendricks the year after.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Back to the OP:

Barr is not having a bounce back year he is having a career year.  He is playing better then he ever has.  He is not missing tackles like he has all the previous years.

Who did we extend of Defense this offseason - Griff, Joseph, Rhodes and Harry the year before that.  Barr is going to be costly with Kendricks the year after.  
Agreed.  Barr is playing so much better in all phases.  He isn't asked to rush much, but the spy position on Rodgers obviously worked out well.  He closes so fast.  His tackling, his leadership, his coverage is all coming together.

But I think Kendricks (2nd round) and Barr (1st round with option) are going to be free agents at the same time.  Kendricks might not be as expensive as he doesn't have the prototypical size and isn't standing out so much.  Barr won't be break the bank because he isn't the Von Miller splash play guy, but quietly does the little things this year.