Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barr seems to be having a bounce-back kinda year...
Just saying, he's one of the reasons this D is as good as it is. 

Rhodes closed is playing elite. Linval is a run stuffing demon. Waynes is even playing decent in coverage but is also elite in the run for a CB. Dirty Harry is having an even better year than years past (getting INTs and sacks). Griffin is playing insane. All our 3-techs are playing OK. the only guys playing a bit under expected are hunter and EK54 and they are still doing well. But yes, Barr is playing great. 

I am happy for him and as a fan. It's great to see him bounce back.

It's a contract year. But it is good to see him playing better.

Quote: @Norse said:
It's a contract year. But it is good to see him playing better.
That's the only thing that slightly concerns me.  Is he playing this well because he is finally healthy or because he's trying harder for a large second contract?

Barr isn't in a contract year...  The team picked up his 5th year option for next season.

Barr is tied for second on the Vikings with 40 total tackles (according to coaches’ tally). He also has four tackles for loss and three passes defensed in 2017.
“I’m just trying to play hard and get to the ball,” Barr said. “Trying to minimize mistakes and be the best player I can be. I think I’m doing well, but I have to continue to improve.
“I think I’m better than I’ve ever been,” Barr later added. “I feel good with where I’m at as a player.”
http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Barr-It-Wasnt-My-Intent-to-Injure-Aaron-Rodgers/87499b34-4e6b-43bc-b664-86d447f644ba

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Barr isn't in a contract year...  The team picked up his 5th year option for next season.
He sort of is in a contract year. Team can void the 5th year option if it wants to. 

Barr fined - but not for the Rodgers hit but for the head butt.

He's been playing great and so has our entire defense. Awesome to see and I hope the offense can control the ball enough so the D isn't gassed out by week 10 or whatever. Very happy with how the D has played so far. Fun to watch