Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teammates impressed with Teddy Bridgewater in first day back
Well he is likely traveling to London...  So let the theorizing begin.

nfl would love for teddys first game back to be in london. could pull a little more viewers. 

i doubt he plays but nothing surprises

I can about guarantee that not only does he not play,  but he won't even be active yet.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I can about guarantee that not only does he not play,  but he won't even be active yet.
They'll wait until the last possible millisecond to activate him off the PUP list is my guess.

It would be foolish to play him in London. Vikings aren't foolish. Very often. I wouldn't even send him. I think the most likely game is week 11 against the Rams, the first home game after the bye. And the last home game before a month-long road trip. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
It would be foolish to play him in London. Vikings aren't foolish. Very often. I wouldn't even send him. I think the most likely game is week 11 against the Rams, the first home game after the bye. And the last home game before a month-long road trip. 
IMO, you bring him back before the Rams game. That is a ferocious defense. That's really putting him into the fire for a first game return type thing.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
IMO, you bring him back before the Rams game. That is a ferocious defense. That's really putting him into the fire for a first game return type thing.
I thought of that, but it's the NFL. If you're waiting for an easy game, you'll be waiting a long time. I think it might be more important to start him at home, and there's only one between now and December 17th. 

My guess, we win a good game in London, Vikings 27 - Browns 13, go 6-2 and come out of the bye healthy. 

Case starts the Washington game, a game that will be intense as a Washington Loss could give them 5 losses by week 10.

We win, Case starts vs StL, we lose (particularly due to bad QB play), Teddy starts the home game vs StL. 

We beat Washington despite bad QB play, I believe Case qill have a half to stay starter, if not Teddy comes out in the second half as the starter to lead us to what will be 8-2

Joe Montana, Teddy playing in London. good lord.  

This thing go still go a million different ways. Teddy may not get to active roster, Sam has a healing, neither one gets better (god forbid).

I can barely wrap my head around just playing the Brownies this week...And I don't like playing "o'fer" teams btw. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

The Redskins have a pretty tough pass rush as well...  I agree with MaroonBells, we could be waiting awhile if want to ease Teddy in against an "easy" team.  I wouldn't be opposed to starting him against Detroit either...
I just hope we don't rush Teddy back.  I get the sense that the Vikings view him as their long-term QB option if he can fully recover...  I hope they keep that long-term view in mind when making the decision to start him.