Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teammates impressed with Teddy Bridgewater in first day back
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/19/teammates-impressed-with-teddy-bridgewater-in-first-day-back/

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer did his best to keep the expectations in check.His players felt no such compulsion after watching quarterback Teddy Bridgewater practice for the first time in 14 months.
Via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Bridgewater’s teammates were effusive in their praise of the former (and possibly near future) starter.
I thought he looked like Joe Montana,’’ tight end Kyle Rudolph said. “He was excited. He was smiling, bringing energy to practice.’’
“He looked good,’’ running back Jerick McKinnon said. “Just to see him go through that whole stage, the process of rehabbing, working through the kinks, and to come out here the first day and just be him and do him is something remarkable to see.’’
Bridgewater hadn’t practiced since blowing out his left knee on Aug. 30, 2016, but according to backup quarterback Kyle Sloter, Bridgewater was getting some reps in practice with the first team.
“It looks like they’re trying to get him ready to play,” Sloter said. “Case [Keenum] is the guy right now, he’s been playing well, . . .But I thought [Bridgewater] looked great.’’
With Sam Bradford out with a knee injury, Keenum is in charge for the moment. But if the progress from Bridgewater continues at this pace, it’ll be hard for the Vikings to hold him back.

From Pioneer Press - some of these quotes are impressive.  Trying not to get too excited.

He was getting some reps with the first team,’’ said backup quarterback Kyle Sloter. “It looks like they’re trying to get him ready to play. Case is the guy right now, he’s been playing well… But I thought (Bridgewater) looked great.’’
Sloter hardly was alone in his praise.
“I thought he looked like Joe Montana,’’ said tight end Kyle Rudolph. “He was excited. He was smiling, bringing energy to practice.’’
Perhaps Rudolph was exaggerating, but he did make the Montana reference twice. Other players simply said the quarterback looked like the old Bridgewater.
“He’s the same old Teddy,’’ said wide receiver Adam Thielen. “It was fun to have him out there…. He was out there slinging it around.’’
Running back Jerick McKinnon admitted being surprised at how well Bridgewater performed after being out so long.
“He looked good,’’ McKinnon said. “Just to see him go through that whole stage, the process of rehabbing, working through the kinks, and to come out here the first day and just be him and do him is something remarkable to see.’’
Bridgewater wore a knee brace during the workout. Zimmer said the most important thing during practices will be how well Bridgewater can elude pass rushers.
“Protect himself,’’ Zimmer said. “Move out of the way, move away from the defender when he comes free.”
As for Wednesday, McKinnon said Bridgewater “moved good.’’ Sloter agreed.
“He looked like a normal person moving around out there,’’ Sloter said. “It didn’t look like there were any glaring issues, no limp or anything like that.’’
Thielen said Bridgewater’s comeback has been helped by remaining with the team, including attending all meetings since spring drills.
“The most impressive thing for me this whole time has been the way he’s reacted to being in all the meetings and seeing the film after practices and trying to coach us up,’’ Thielen said.
Thielen said Bridgewater critiques his route running, which he likes. Keenum says Bridgewater provides him with plenty of advice.
“I lean on him quite a bit,’’ Keenum said. “It’s little intricacies of the offense, maybe how to talk to a receiver, how to read a certain defense.’’

He was getting some reps with the first team,’’ said backup quarterback Kyle Sloter. “It looks like they’re trying to get him ready to play. Case is the guy right now, he’s been playing well… But I thought (Bridgewater) looked great.’’

I still think Teddy is the team's QB by the end of the year.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:

i always thought teddy was qb by years end. now im pretty sure he starts out the bye week. wouldnt be giving ang first team reps if they arent planning to play him asap. 

said it from the beginning, Teddy was Zims qb. 

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
@PurpleCrush said:

i always thought teddy was qb by years end. now im pretty sure he starts out the bye week. wouldnt be giving ang first team reps if they arent planning to play him asap. 

said it from the beginning, Teddy was Zims qb. 
I agree. Zim LOVES Teddy. When he shows he's ready for a full work load, he'll be back under center. And that time is coming soon.

My God....can you imagine the home crowd response when Teddy jogs onto the field for the first time since his injury !?!

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:

And Sloter is probably getting a talking to about sharing too much info.  Smile

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
My God....can you imagine the home crowd response when Teddy jogs onto the field for the first time since his injury !?!
man it will be awesome. 

too bad we only have 3 more home games. 

if teddy is back active and playing when we go to DC, i may have to make the drive over and catch that game. 

let me know if anyone else is foing to “Ted”Skins game and we can get liquor’d up and chant Teddy! Teddy!

Today is a big day...no swelling from yesterday's activities will be a good sign...

Wow.  Those are some eyebrow raising comments from his teammates...