Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's gone kinda silent on Bradford...
Quote: @"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
After last season, Bradford doesn't need to prove his toughness to me,  Teddy has to now
Seriously?   He didn't prove it with the beating he took the previous year behind that horrendous oline?

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
@"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
After last season, Bradford doesn't need to prove his toughness to me,  Teddy has to now
Seriously?   He didn't prove it with the beating he took the previous year behind that horrendous oline?

He proved a lot getting beat up in 2015. I think many agree with you.
The come back will be... He only threw so many TDs and only looked good because of AD blah blah. Compares him to Tebow even though Teddy has much more talent and Teddy had a far better line with the leading rusher blah blah blah. All you're gonna hear.  
Some of us have had that same argument over and over again. Good luck.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Teddy played behind a nearly equally bad line the previous year and took many beatings himself.  If you are saying Sam has earned some respect in the tough guy department for his resiliency,  Teddy's track record has certainly earned him some a well.
That's what I was thinking He has proven his toughness and grit repeatedly. And yet he kept getting back up. He is a fighter. His toughness should not be questioned. 

Rar rar rar Bradford sucks! Rar, rar, ra no Bridgewater sucks. 

You have to laugh,everybody is arguing what Teddy and Sam done 2 -3 years ago.
This is now...lets see what Sam and Teddy can contribute.  

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
I wonder if getting a few doses of "Bridgewater" will help that ailing knee.  If Teddy seems ready in the next 3 or 4 weeks, Sam might be more anxious about getting better.
Do you think he was faking it Monday Night against the Bears?

I doubt your dose of "Bridgewater" is going to heal his knee quicker.

I doubt he wants to go into FA with a huge question mark on his knee.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Teddy played behind a nearly equally bad line the previous year and took many beatings himself.  If you are saying Sam has earned some respect in the tough guy department for his resiliency,  Teddy's track record has certainly earned him some a well.
Not even close... Teddys OL was nearly HOFers compared to the 14-15 guys Sam had to survive behind, Sam made them look better by getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds   Literally!

Quote: @"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Not even close... Teddys OL was nearly HOFers compared to the 14-15 guys Sam had to survive behind, Sam made them look better by getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds   Literally!
thats some pretty selective memory there Bob,  I think I still have some of those 2015 games on DVD if you would like to go back and review them.  Teddy got the shit kicked out of him on  a regular basis, ( some on him holding the ball a tad long,  but the same went for Sam early last year when the wheels started coming off)   and all the gripes that year by the fans were all about the OL.....until Walsh missed a kick.

Teddy held the ball WAY too long in 2015. He was indecisive, he was not accurate on longer throws, and it often took WAY too long in the game for him to get going. Because he was still a very young QB in the league. He didn't have a great offensive line for sure but he didn't do himself any favors either. But that's because he was a Young QB that hadn't even come close to being fully groomed and having seen everything that different D coordinators will throw at him. And here's the thing.... He still hasn't. Unfortunately his injury means he hasn't faced differing defenses yet. 

People are putting some massive expectations on this kid. I think there is a perception that he is going to be what fans want him to be. And he may have been there if not for being out of ball for 14 months. You can say that he has been practicing the scripts and all of that but without running that against different defensive sets..... With different philosophies by different coordinators, with different types of players... It's all just hope. Nothing wrong with hoping that he nails it out of the gun. That's what fans do. But if he doesn't hit the ground running, or when he falters for a 2-3 game stretch are fans going to have the patience to let him work through it? That's what I doubt. 

I worry about the amount of time away from the game that he has having a negative effect on his career and then the added expectations that fans will have if he doesn't produce. Fans are BRUTAL and turn on a dime on guys. I still think he is a kid with a LONG ways to go to realizing his potential and if he isn't afforded that well he will be another player that gets used and chewed up and spit out.