Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear 8lb, 6 oz Baby Jesus...Don't Even Know His Name Yet...
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
I have a hard time believing that the Vikings will test that knee out on that sloppy nasty field in Chicago. I am guessing they are getting him reps and getting him up to speed for the Packers game.
Plus, I believe Case can and will beat the Bears.
he a football player,  and this is pretty much a must win for this team.  Case hasnt shown anything as far as consistent play that should make you think that he can go into soldier on a monday night and lead a team to a win.  If Sam can go,  Sam must go.

I agree with that, but I would think that if they were going to start him on Monday night that they would have had him practicing before Thursday
With the game a day later the weekly practice schedule gets moved back 1 day.  Instead of wed through Friday and travel saturday,   it will be Thursday through saturday and travel sunday. ( or maybe Monday since it's a night game and really close,  I'm not sure on the travel aspect)

I don't care who the damn QB is as long as we win. I also know that I wouldn't want ANYONE coming back from a knee issue and have to play their first game back on that crap field. If we want to win in the playoffs we will need Sam... I also think that Case can beat the Bears or do enough to get us the win.
Just bring him back at home against the Packers.
PS. So much fun here when you have people like you guys have. I have two Uncle Tom's on one board and Pennywise over here.
Just happy at least you are here lol
not sure about all the uncle toms and pennywise stuff,  but keep in mind that Sams injury is not connective tissue related,  he is not more likely to aggravate his bone bruise due to field conditions like he would a sprain.

as far as Case getting it done,  I dont have faith in him after last weeks debacle,  if he cant run an offense at home with Dalvin Cook,  I really doubt his abilities on the road,  monday night, and no Cook.   No knock on Murray and McKinnon... but lets not shit ourselves... losing DC is a huge loss for this offense. 

I think losing Cook was the biggest loss this offense has had all year. He truly made this offense go.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
I have a hard time believing that the Vikings will test that knee out on that sloppy nasty field in Chicago. I am guessing they are getting him reps and getting him up to speed for the Packers game.
he a football player,  and this is pretty much a must win for this team.  Case hasnt shown anything as far as consistent play that should make you think that he can go into soldier on a monday night and lead a team to a win.  If Sam can go,  Sam must go.

I agree with that, but I would think that if they were going to start him on Monday night that they would have had him practicing before Thursday
With the game a day later the weekly practice schedule gets moved back 1 day.  Instead of wed through Friday and travel saturday,   it will be Thursday through saturday and travel sunday. ( or maybe Monday since it's a night game and really close,  I'm not sure on the travel aspect)

I don't care who the damn QB is as long as we win. I also know that I wouldn't want ANYONE coming back from a knee issue and have to play their first game back on that crap field. If we want to win in the playoffs we will need Sam... I also think that Case can beat the Bears or do enough to get us the win.
PS. So much fun here when you have people like you guys have. I have two Uncle Tom's on one board and Pennywise over here.
I'm guessing you have no idea what an Uncle Tom is...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:

I know he has a cabin... and I know there is a secret.

@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:

I know very well and it fits two individuals. I could have used another term... I chose to have it be read between the lines.

First good news on Sam in 3 weeks, and Teddy Fan Boi has to piss on it...JFC...
Bullshit. Perfectly viable point. Yes, the Bears have looked good a couple of games this year. But they've got a Rookie QB making his first start with the worst WR Corps in the League.

Going to be a very 1 dimensional Offense against a HC regarded as a Defensive Guru with a healthy unit.

This exactly the kind of team you should beat even with a backup QB. A better than average backup QB with the best Receiving duo going right now, a capable TE and a rushing  attack that has to reestablish an identity without the starting RB.

Both teams are going to be 1 dimensional until Minnesota shows that Murray and McKinnon can replace enough of Cook's production to be respected.

Why bring Sam back when the Bears will be playing pass first and pinning their ears back to get to the QB?

I'd think about  it at home but probably still want him to get that extra week to prepare for GB. On the road? No way.

I offer this perspective:

If Sam is healthy play him...Unlike a year-ago, this OL should be able to keep him upright and they'd better be able to run too.

And as amazing as Bradford was against GB at home last year, with near zero prep, I'd still like to see him knock some rust off Monday night.

Time for us to put our big-boy pants and and play. If they cant win this one against a rookie

Should be able to win this game even without Sam.  Look, I've seen both Mitch and Watson and there's no comparison. Deshaun is mobile but still a pass-first guy. He's poised and experienced as all get out.

And the Bears have no WRs to speak of. Mike can literally play a ton of Man and leave Smith and Sendejo in the box the whole game. Maybe even play way more Base.

But let's say Trubiski comes out and is constantly throwing guys open, keeping the D off balance and giving the run game room and they pull the upset again.

If a healthy Sam comes back and beats GB the team is back to .500 in a weak, wide open Conference.  Hell, outside of KC nobody has consistently looked great so far.

There are going to be multiple teams that stay around .500 for a good chunk of the season and then rip off a 3 game winning streak and make the Playoffs in the NFC.  It's just that kind of year.

Sam comes back and dings his knee again on an awful field against a Defense that won't be respecting the Run Game early and prospects get dim unless Teddy comes back 100% healthy AND sharp.

This just isn't a Must Win in a mediocre NFC.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

I don't believe I ever said anything about Teddy. Also, I have said I think we need to move on from both of their knee issues.
But you keep saying I don't have a football IQ. I laugh at it.
HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE REMINDED TO IGNORE HIM???????
HOW ABOUT YOU JUST PRETEND THAT YOU WERE NOT ADDRESSED PERSONALLY, EITHER THAT OR CHANGE YOUR NAME TO TEDDY FAN BOI SO YOU CAN REPORT THE ISSUE.

Over exaggeration.    The horse is dead you can stop beating it and bury it now.  

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Should be able to win this game even without Sam.  Look, I've seen both Mitch and Watson and there's no comparison. Deshaun is mobile but still a pass-first guy. He's poised and experienced as all get out.

And the Bears have no WRs to speak of. Mike can literally play a ton of Man and leave Smith and Sendejo in the box the whole game. Maybe even play way more Base.

But let's say Trubiski comes out and is constantly throwing guys open, keeping the D off balance and giving the run game room and they pull the upset again.

If a healthy Sam comes back and beats GB the team is back to .500 in a weak, wide open Conference.  Hell, outside of KC nobody has consistently looked great so far.

There are going to be multiple teams that stay around .500 for a good chunk of the season and then rip off a 3 game winning streak and make the Playoffs in the NFC.  It's just that kind of year.

Sam comes back and dings his knee again on an awful field against a Defense that won't be respecting the Run Game early and prospects get dim unless Teddy comes back 100% healthy AND sharp.

This just isn't a Must Win in a mediocre NFC.
I think the cream is going to start rise to the top of the NFC this week

GB vs Dallas
Detroit vs Carolina

I agree hanging around .500 and then make a December run could be enough to get a ticket to the dance, but 0/2 in the Norris with games still @ GB, @ Detroit makes me uneasy. And the Vikings haven't played well in December for various reasons. For them the scheduled was tilted @ home early with only 3 home games after the bye. 

I think this is more of a must win then you, but lets just hope they win.