Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll Call
Minneapolis, MN. Been a fan all my life. I was 6 years old during their last Super Bowl appearance. I was at the Minneapolis Miracle jumping up and down like crazy. I went to training camp in Mankato and now at TCO in Eagan. Lots of fun memories with family and friends during the years and of course some low moments. Games at the dome, TCF and US Bank and meeting some cool people tailgating. But I won't quit this team because they are in my DNA and I passed it on to my son.
[-] The following 2 users Like Vikergirl's post:

Initiated into the pain of loving purple as a boy growing up in south Minneapolis on Jan 11, 1970, watching what Hank Stram described as a Chinese fire drill out there. Living in southern Wisconsin for the last 24 years, surrounded by enemy cheeseheads. Despite all of this, I endure by thumbing my nose at the cheeseheads and hope it will change for the better someday. Skol!

Houston, Texas past 28 years, but born and raised in Walla Walla, WA in the wasteland of football (no one I knew liked the Seahawks - all band-wagon jumping Cowboys, Steelers and Dolphin fans).  Saw a game in mid-70's with a mud-soaked Tarkenton running around throwing the football around and totally related as that was our style of recess nerf football (rain or snow).  Oh and the horned helmets - fell in love instantly, but been a rough 45+ year "marriage", but never strayed!  A true glutton for punishment.

Born in St. Paul, raised in Minneapolis. The only game I have ever attended in person was in the ‘61 season when The Vikings beat the Bears for their first ever victory. At least I think that’s right. I don’t really remember much of the game. I remember sitting on bleachers in Met stadium on what would have been along the right field line. Been a rabid fan ever since. I’m longer out of Mn. than I ever spent in it but still get nervous/excited before every game. I live in LA now but my brother and I face time every Sunday. He props the phone up in front of his TV I watch on my phone and we watch together. I also follow the Wolves, the Wild and all Gopher sports. I can’t help myself. Worst memory: Giants/Vikings 41-0 shellacking. Doing a play in NYC at the time and watching with a bunch of union stagehands who were merciless. Still pisses me off to think about that.
SKOL VIKES!
[-] The following 2 users Like Caactorvike's post:

Been a fan since the 70's and am located here in Pickstown, SD. "Just One Before I Die"
[-] The following 2 users Like pikvikes's post:

(09-06-2024, 09:52 AM)pikvikes Wrote: Been a fan since the 70's and am located here in Pickstown, SD. "Just One Before I Die"

I'm with yah --- 

Just one Lombardi b4 I'm on the wrong side of dirt!
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(09-06-2024, 11:49 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I'm with yah --- 

Just one Lombardi b4 I'm on the wrong side of dirt!

So you are saying your pre planning includes cremation?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

Ankeny, Iowa.   Lived here all my life both sides of my family hail from Marshall, Minnesota area and are spread all though Minnesota now.  Been watching the Vikings since the 1973 NFC Title game win in Dallas.

Piedmont North Carolina. Vikings fan since 1969, Joe Kapp and the Purple People Eaters, Vikings winning the NFL Championship Game, losing to the Chiefs in Super Bowl IV. Never lived in MN, but a life long Vikings fan, a lifer. I rue the day.

To quote Morgan Freeman in Shawshank
"Not a day goes by I don’t feel regret, and not because I’m in here or because you think I should. I look back on myself the way I was…stupid kid who did that terrible crime…wish I could talk sense to him. Tell him how things are. But I can’t. That kid’s long gone, this old man is all that’s left, and I have to live with that."
[-] The following 5 users Like NorseFeathers's post:

(09-06-2024, 02:00 PM)NorseFeathers Wrote: Piedmont North Carolina. Viking fan since 1969, Joe Capp and the Purple People Eaters, Vikings winning the NFL Championship Game, losing to the Chiefs in Super Bowl IV. Never lived in MN, but a life long Vikings fan, a lifer. I rue the day.

To quote Morgan Freeman in Shawshank
"Not a day goes by I don’t feel regret, and not because I’m in here or because you think I should. I look back on myself the way I was…stupid kid who did that terrible crime…wish I could talk sense to him. Tell him how things are. But I can’t. That kid’s long gone, this old man is all that’s left, and I have to live with that."

lol, this is awesome. Its just the truth, brother. I feel you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: