Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuuudge
the only real negative I see here is that he loses a bunch of reps over the next month that would have been beneficial, but this is part of the game and if he can learn to take mental reps and do more work from the sidelines as he recovers, it may pay dividends down the road.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

I'm typically not one to jump on the "woe is us" wagon, but man there is sad and infuriating truth in this. And hell, she's not even including the Culpepper injury...

kyla@kylaer_
2016: Teddy Bridgewater hyped for breakout year

*murders his leg*

2017: Sam Bradford has performance of his life

*knee dies*

2023: Kirk Cousins MVP-like play

*tears achilles*

2024: JJ McCarthy shines in preseason opener

*tears meniscus*
[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post:

It really just sucks. Hope he isn't gone for the season.

Not good, definitely not desirable, but likely a loss of practice reps in what was going to be a lot of time riding the pine, anyway.

He'll definitely be thinking through how he takes hits when scrambling, going forward. It may end up being a good long-term lesson delivered early.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

[-] The following 2 users Like Vikergirl's post:

(08-13-2024, 12:58 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: the only real negative I see here is that he loses a bunch of reps over the next month that would have been beneficial,  but this is part of the game and if he can learn to take mental reps and do more work from the sidelines as he recovers,  it may pay dividends down the road.

Of course this is not an ideal situation.  Jimmy I agree with you that losing reps over the next month is not good.  I was looking forward to seeing him get extended playing time the next two preseason games as well as all of you were.  But I think he is smart enough that he will get those "mental reps" in.   There is no need to rush him and I agree that this is likely to pay dividends down the road.  Much better to have this happen now than in mid-season.  

Gang...it is not the end of the world.

[-] The following 3 users Like Kentis's post:

Amor fati is a Latin phrase that may be translated as "love of fate" or "love of one's fate". It is used to describe an attitude in which one sees everything that happens in one's life, including suffering and loss, as good or, at the very least, necessary.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(08-13-2024, 02:00 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Amor fati is a Latin phrase that may be translated as "love of fate" or "love of one's fate". It is used to describe an attitude in which one sees everything that happens in one's life, including suffering and loss, as good or, at the very least, necessary.

I fucking love that kid
[-] The following 4 users Like CFIAvike's post:

I thought "Amor Fati" was French for "I like big butts"
[-] The following 8 users Like Vanguard83's post: