Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Likely Return of Bridgewater, Big Roster Decision Coming
I don't think they can just put him back on the PS...I think he'd have to clear waivers first...could be wrong on that...
Just because Teddy is eligible to come off PUP doesn't mean he will come off PUP...I believe they'd have 3 weeks to decide that...my guess is that he goes from the PUP to IR...that protects the team's interests the best...
Starting to sound like Sam won't be ready for the Lions...we definitely have some tough choices ahead at the QB position...

teddy has proved most of you wrong so far, throughout this whole ordeal people have made claims that are doom and gloom. it wont be surprise me if he proves you wrong again. 

my belief is he will be physically ready off of PUP. but he has never played in Shurmur offense. not sure how ready you can be by just studying it.  but teddy is kn the sideline and pregame with other qbs. he will be as ready as can be. however if othe qbs are playing like week 1 and 3, Teddy will have to wait. 

I'm sorry, exactly how did he prove anyone wrong?
JR, that you?

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
teddy has proved most of you wrong so far, throughout this whole ordeal people have made claims that are doom and gloom. it wont be surprise me if he proves you wrong again. 

my belief is he will be physically ready off of PUP. but he has never played in Shurmur offense. not sure how ready you can be by just studying it.  but teddy is kn the sideline and pregame with other qbs. he will be as ready as can be. however if othe qbs are playing like week 1 and 3, Teddy will have to wait. 
How has Ted proven me wrong again or before for that matter?  

You're debating an imaginary foe here.....I think Teddy is very popular here. 'People have made claims'?? He almost lost his leg over this injury. Many questions still remain. 

Try again dude.  the only one that Teddy has proven wrong thus far is you.  you made the claim that he would be ready for camp,  you said that he wouldnt be PUPd,  you said he would win the starting QB job.  

now that you've been wrong so many times,  please dont try and make shit up about everybody else being wrong.  I think most of us,  I agree not all,  but most of us like Teddy and want to see him return and compete for the job,  but lets not make this into something more than it is. 

One thing not mentioned to much is what is Bradford's status going to be. Could he be ready in a week, play a game and then be bothered by his knee. And have to sit out another game or 2. A lot of unanswered questions.

Quote: @Norse said:
One thing not mentioned to much is what is Bradford's status going to be. Could he be ready in a week, play a game and then be bothered by his knee. And have to sit out another game or 2. A lot of unanswered questions.
Like I said in another thread on the situation...Lots of medical unknowns with our 2 "franchise "  QBS.  Lots of ways to make the wrong decisions in the near future. 

It is going to be interesting to see what happens. There is a lot of love for Teddy. He was shown on the big boards last game and I definitely heard Teddy chants. But there is some love for Sam too. And then Keenum came in and had a fantastic game. It's a tough decision but at important decision. At least the competition is going to be fierce. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
It is going to be interesting to see what happens. There is a lot of love for Teddy. He was shown on the big boards last game and I definitely heard Teddy chants. But there is some love for Sam too. And then Keenum came in and had a fantastic game. It's a tough decision but at important decision. At least the competition is going to be fierce. 
That was interesting. I heard this huge ROAR and looked up to see what the fuss was: Teddy on the big screen.

But that will have no bearing on the decision. Nor should it. As Jimmy says above, the decision will likely be made based on what the long-term prognosis for each QB's knee. And the wrong decision could be catastrophic. Two weeks ago I would've given Sam an 80 to 20 lead in terms of percentage likely to get the extension. Now, it's more like 50/50. 

Every one of these QBs has to be just salivating to get into this offense. Finally a capable OL, a big play threat at RB, 3 reliable weapons at WR and TE, and an OC who seems to be able to make it all work. I'd love to see Bradford's arm and accuracy back in this offense. But I also want to see Teddy get a chance in this offense. There's no doubt in my mind that he'd be putting up similar numbers.