Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJM: 'It would be the world to play for Minnesota'
(04-26-2024, 07:49 AM)kmillard Wrote: For sure. I just wonder when the chants will start at US bank once Sam Darnold goes 3 and out for the first time.)) Hopefully he gets a year to marinate but I doubt it.

I think he should curate a year too  - its a complex playbook. 

Whether its a year, 9 mos etc...I believe they are dedicated to not putting him out there too early.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

I want to see what our coaches can do with his supposed limited throwing dynamics, and whether they're actually limited, or if Michigan just didn't really ask for much creativity from him/his arm.

We'll find out....
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zanary's post:

(04-23-2024, 10:48 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: https://twitter.com/MissAlissaS/status/1...6463390835

Loves the Vikings, loves KOC, would love to stay in the Midwest, loves the weapons on offense. 'I'd run through a brick wall for Coach O'Connell'. - JJM

He's from LaGrange, IL so he grew up a Bear's fan, but that won't be happening. This kid would be a fan favorite in Minnesota in 5 minutes. Extremely polite and a hard worker, but he's got some dawg in him. Very important: Bright lights don't bug him. Fifth ranked HS QB coming out, uber talented. Exceptional hockey player. Went to the IMG Academy, played with/against exceptional athletes. With all the meandering I've done the last month, this is still my guy.

[Image: McCarthyVikings16x9.jpg]

Sticky, I think you and I were the first ones pining for JJ earlier this season.  Glad we got him.  

It doesn't mean everything, but the fact that he clicked with O'Connell and was asked leading up to the draft where he really wanted to be and he said MN...  and then we get him...  I think we're going to have an extremely motivated young man that will give his all to be this franchise's long-term QB.
[-] The following 4 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

(04-26-2024, 11:14 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: Sticky, I think you and I were the first ones pining for JJ earlier this season.  Glad we got him.  

It doesn't mean everything, but the fact that he clicked with O'Connell and was asked leading up to the draft where he really wanted to be and he said MN...  and then we get him...  I think we're going to have an extremely motivated young man that will give his all to be this franchise's long-term QB.

Agreed, Wet. The kid is going to be popular on this team, especially once he becomes The Man. His top notch play action is going to open up some room for Jefferson and Addison. He's where he wants to be and its going to show. Its going to be fun.

Not sure about this, but its an opinion:

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...24/photo/1

[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

I liked Harbaugh's parting comment on the Twitter video...
"Congratulations Minnesota...you got yourself a GOOD (emphasized) player"
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

Some very interesting comments on Maye vs. McCarthy

https://x.com/brevmanbane/status/1783912623873953919
[-] The following 4 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Wow. ^^^^^ Great post above. A "must see"

Thanks MB !!

I don't think it's fair to put a ceiling on his Year 1 potential by arbitrarily saying the kid needs to sit a year. Unless he royally stinks it out in the preseason or Darnold royally lights it up, JJ will be starting before long I bet.

Pumped he's in the fold. Let's see what he's got and go from there. I trust whatever the coaches want to do... unless it becomes a Mattison/Chandler situation again. Then may patience may run a tad thin. But otherwise yeah, just over the moon with how last night played out. Good job Vikings.

I actually heard this live on the radio...Very good break-down.

(04-26-2024, 12:51 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Some very interesting comments on Maye vs. McCarthy

https://x.com/brevmanbane/status/1783912623873953919

I heard this live on the radio, good break-down.