Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The question now is: which team does Minnesota have the deal with?
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Godhead" said:
the Cards and Chargers are most likely the trade target.
What they will like is - that if QBs go 1,2,3,4 is it slides the top talent of other positions down and makes their new picks just as desirable with their needs.
If the 1st 4 are QBs the other QBs are likely to go earlier than normal too.
Good year not to need a QB in the top 25 selections.
I don’t think top 3 is for sale either.

My best guess is we have a tentative agreement to get to 5, and have also told Arizona not to trade 4 without giving us a chance to match.

If QBs go 1-3 and #4 gets traded to anyone but us that will be a kick in the stick, not gonna lie. Wherever the slot may be I think we need to leave this draft with the fourth QB taken or better. 
If I am an GM, knowing what MN has and I want to jump then n your scenario,   I call AZ, top the minny offer,  and tell them it's off the table as soon as we are off the phone,  I wouldn't give them a chance to get another offer from minny or other.
Yeah. And it’s why the longer this drags on, if we do intend to move up, the more precarious it could get. I’m not sure I fully buy the handshake thing.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Godhead" said:
What they will like is - that if QBs go 1,2,3,4 is it slides the top talent of other positions down and makes their new picks just as desirable with their needs.

My best guess is we have a tentative agreement to get to 5, and have also told Arizona not to trade 4 without giving us a chance to match.

If QBs go 1-3 and #4 gets traded to anyone but us that will be a kick in the stick, not gonna lie. Wherever the slot may be I think we need to leave this draft with the fourth QB taken or better. 
If I am an GM, knowing what MN has and I want to jump then n your scenario,   I call AZ, top the minny offer,  and tell them it's off the table as soon as we are off the phone,  I wouldn't give them a chance to get another offer from minny or other.
Yeah. And it’s why the longer this drags on, if we do intend to move up, the more precarious it could get. I’m not sure I fully buy the handshake thing.
Me either and I posted the same sentiment elsewhere...I think they realized they dont have very goods odds with just #11 though. 

Arizona already has 11 picks in this draft including 2 in 1st round. Their current WRs are:
Michael Wilson who was drafted last yearGreg DortchZach Pascal
It just makes too much sense for them to stay put & draft MHJ. Maybe they can still draft an elite WR at #11 but MHJ & Malik Nabors will likely be gone. Rome Odunze may still be there but Chicago at #9 will likely have Odunze high on their board.
Brock Bowers would be a good fit for Arizona. But do you want to draft Bowers when you could've had MHJ?

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Godhead" said:

Depends on how they got em stacked...

I dont think they look at it as they must get one of the top 4 - but (to paraphrase from @Marroonbells) they need to acquire whomever they have in their top tier.  

For all we know they have Penix or Nix rated in that top tier? I personally would rather have Nix of the two, but there's a lot of chatter the Vikings like Penix.  

I also dont think they acquired a 2nd #1 pick for Nix or Penix, but what do I know???
Vikings never did fill the DT need after pursuing Wilkins. And there have been rumors they love Byron Murphy. So who knows? I think a move up for a QB is still the most likely, but it's also possible they just wanted to end up with a QB AND a top defensive player. And if they're one of the teams who like Nix or Penix, having picks at 11 and 23 seems like a pretty good place to fill both needs. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Godhead" said:

Depends on how they got em stacked...

I dont think they look at it as they must get one of the top 4 - but (to paraphrase from @Marroonbells) they need to acquire whomever they have in their top tier.  

For all we know they have Penix or Nix rated in that top tier? I personally would rather have Nix of the two, but there's a lot of chatter the Vikings like Penix.  

I also dont think they acquired a 2nd #1 pick for Nix or Penix, but what do I know???
Vikings never did fill the DT need after pursuing Wilkins. And there have been rumors they love Byron Murphy. So who knows? I think a move up for a QB is still the most likely, but it's also possible they just wanted to end up with a QB AND a top defensive player. And if they're one of the teams who like Nix or Penix, having picks at 11 and 23 seems like a pretty good place to fill both needs. 
If O'Connell thinks the Nix/Penix choice works for him, and they get a stud IDL, I easily could live with that.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Godhead" said:

Geez Al Pacino, you don't always need to play the devils advocate...

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
https://twitter.com/JMcIntireNFL/status/...85921?s=20
I would be very surprised if The Commodes dont take Daniels...

The logic of NE moving down for more players makes sense. As many have said, they are not exactly a team set-up (yet) to support a rook QB to succeed. A move up to #3 for JJM doesnt compute for me, it would have to be for Maye. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

The logic of NE moving down for more players makes sense. As many have said, they are not exactly a team set-up (yet) to support a rook QB to succeed. A move up to #3 for JJM doesnt compute for me, it would have to be for Maye. 

And with a new HC from the defensive side of the ball...  There might be some allure to getting extra picks, grab a JJM (trading back up with some of the picks acquired) or Nix or Penix with one of your first rounders and still have early picks to get a WR, defense, etc.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

And with a new HC from the defensive side of the ball...  There might be some allure to getting extra picks, grab a JJM (trading back up with some of the picks acquired) or Nix or Penix with one of your first rounders and still have early picks to get a WR, defense, etc.
Really hope this is how it plays out and we’re able to get to 3.