Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Cautionary Tale
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@medaille said:
I don’t believe that you can compare a fucked up franchise with a functional one, in the same way that you can’t look at the kids of the parents who are abusive and think that their problems are also going to be your kids problems.
I also don’t believe that you can look at Washington as a organization that is really that serious at fixing their QB problem.  Since Cousins was drafted a billion years ago, they’ve drafted 3 QBs, Dwayne Haskins who was out of the league in 2 years, a 5th rounder, and a 6th rounder.  Their FA hauls look like a team that’s barely tryin
It doesn't take long for dysfunctional franchises to become functional. And it sure as hell doesn't take long for functional ones to become dysfunctional. Look at New England. That might be the worst team in the NFL right now. Is that a dysfunctional org? 

It's all about the QB. It's ALL about the QB. And for those in back....IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FUCKING QB!!!!!

A little birdie told me the team really likes this guy:

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...146c82bdbe]

Can you tell the birdy to get him at 42 or a trade up?  Addressing Edge with 11 and double dipping with Penix is acceptable but Penix at 11 would be hard to swallow. 
Please, do it the other way around if you must double dip.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
 Cousins (6 seasons)
            W  L. T
2023:  4  4  0

2022:  13  4  0

2021:   8  9  0

2020:   7  9  0

2019:   10  6  0

2018:  8  7  1

Before Cousins (6 seasons)

2017:  13  3  0

2016:   8  8  0

2015:   11 5  0

2014:   7  9  0

2013:   5  10  1

2012:   10  6  0

It's all about the QB. It's ALL about the QB. And for those in back....IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FUCKING QB!!!!!

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@medaille said:
I don’t believe that you can compare a fucked up franchise with a functional one, in the same way that you can’t look at the kids of the parents who are abusive and think that their problems are also going to be your kids problems.
I also don’t believe that you can look at Washington as a organization that is really that serious at fixing their QB problem.  Since Cousins was drafted a billion years ago, they’ve drafted 3 QBs, Dwayne Haskins who was out of the league in 2 years, a 5th rounder, and a 6th rounder.  Their FA hauls look like a team that’s barely tryin
It doesn't take long for dysfunctional franchises to become functional. And it sure as hell doesn't take long for functional ones to become dysfunctional. Look at New England. That might be the worst team in the NFL right now. Is that a dysfunctional org? 

A little birdie told me the team really likes this guy:

[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...146c82bdbe]

Woof…

I have so many doubts that this guy is gonna be able to make it through an NFL season, but if the team isn’t worried…so be it I guess. 

I mean, after the top 3 were really just flinging shit against the wall and seeing what sticks. He’s got as good a shot as any, I suppose
Not saying he's #1 on their board, but saying they like him maybe more than other teams. Its that arm talent, pocket presence and maturity. I think the belief is that JJ and Addison are SO superior at route running that they get open deep quite often because of that despite not having elite speed. Its one of the few spots Cousins fails at: seeing a guy break open deep late and having enough arm to still get it out there in stride. In fact, he's often not looking for that because he knows he doesn't have the arm for it. It would add a dimension to the offense. 

I would not be upset with Penix at 11. He’s built for this push it down the hashes passing game.  Hes a little spindly in his lower half, and he chucked and ducked in the CFP game.  Both worrisome. 

Kwesi is gonna have to identify that stuff and weed him out if need be. Better yet we can trade down 8 spots, pick up a 3rd and still get him.  There are about 15  possibly elite prospects in the draft not counting QB’s so that bodes well for a possible trade down. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
I would not be upset with Penix at 11. He’s built for this push it down the hashes passing game.  Hes a little spindly in his lower half, and he chucked and ducked in the CFP game.  Both worrisome. 

Kwesi is gonna have to identify that stuff and weed him out if need be. Better yet we can trade down 8 spots, pick up a 3rd and still get him.  There are about 15  possibly elite prospects in the draft not counting QB’s so that bodes well for a possible trade down. 
I heard a good draftnik take on Penix vs JJM...

Said that Penix (more than most) needs a good platform under him to maintain accuracy and that this could be problematic in the NFL.

Just significantly less time to throw in pro's vs college, need to move around in/out of the pocket more on Sundays. 
This was a big, distinguishing trait between the two.

I guess everyone has a take...

@Bullazin said:

Said that Penix (more than most) needs a good platform under him to maintain accuracy and that this could be problematic in the NFL.

Just significantly less time to throw in pro's vs college, need to move around in/out of the pocket more on Sundays. 

Michigan exposed him. I don’t know what people can’t see. Against a real defense, he crumbles. NFL defenses are going to eat his lunch. The guy is a shittier Jameis Winston. 

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Bullazin said:

Michigan exposed him. I don’t know what people can’t see. Against a real defense, he crumbles. NFL defenses are going to eat his lunch. The guy is a shittier Jameis Winston. 
Again, its opinions: yours, mine and the world's. You act like its a definite, it isn't. I'm really not sure how I feel personally about Penix, but he's got flags just like anyone outside of Caleb Williams does.

Washington was a shit show and no one wanted to play for Washington. We saw the second half of last season what life was like without Cousins. But at some point they have to draft a qb. It's a mixed bag either way but soon we'll see what happens 

@Bullazin said:

that may be true, but one thing about him is that he is very very quick to get reset and get the ball out.  most guys rolling out with flip the ball without even trying to set up,  I have seen Penix roll out,  and like lightning get his momentum stopped, set his feet and deliver strikes.  He is very much an enigma for me as I just dont know if his game will transition well,  but damn if it wont be fun watching him somewhere,  the kid is just fun when he isnt getting the shit kicked out of him or isnt nursing an injury.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Bullazin said:

that may be true, but one thing about him is that he is very very quick to get reset and get the ball out.  most guys rolling out with flip the ball without even trying to set up,  I have seen Penix roll out,  and like lightning get his momentum stopped, set his feet and deliver strikes.  He is very much an enigma for me as I just dont know if his game will transition well,  but damn if it wont be fun watching him somewhere,  the kid is just fun when he isnt getting the shit kicked out of him or isnt nursing an injury.
We all need a good platform Smile

Honestly not picking on purplefaith but that sounds like a no-brainer to me.  It's like saying a QB needs a clean pocket.  Yes they all thrive in a clean pocket on a f'in platform Smile