Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I realize it’s early, but I think the Nuclear option is very possible
Quote: @Bullazin said:
I’m sure half of us could run the team better than Kwesi, amirite?
depends on which half,  Im sure most think they could, without really understanding what all goes into the job.  theres likely a reason you never hear of fanBob getting a front office role with a team.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
depends on which half,  Im sure most think they could, without really understanding what all goes into the job.  theres likely a reason you never hear of fanBob getting a front office role with a team.
I think most of us could throw analytical darts at the board the same as KAM. I can say with certainty his overall football experience is less than some posters on this board, he just fits the league narrative and therefore is employed. I know people hate hearing that but it's far more likely the truth than him being hired because he was the most experienced and deserving candidate for the position. Is what it is...

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
I think most of us could throw analytical darts at the board the same as KAM. I can say with certainty his overall football experience is less than some posters on this board, he just fits the league narrative and therefore is employed. I know people hate hearing that but it's far more likely the truth than him being hired because he was the most experienced and deserving candidate for the position. Is what it is...
I would guess the player evaluation and  acquisition part is likely pretty small part of what the GM does on a day to day,  the rest is where they are likely making their living.

@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
I would guess the player evaluation and  acquisition part is likely pretty small part of what the GM does on a day to day,  the rest is where they are likely making their living.
I still contend that a GM's main job is the evaluation and acquisition part and we hired someone with no prior football experience himself or scouting experience. I know some still think it's "cutting edge" and "outside the box" making this kind of hire, but to me it's completely asinine to hire a GM with no real scouting experience. Thusfar it's played out about as expected...

@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
I still contend that a GM's main job is the evaluation and acquisition part and we hired someone with no prior football experience himself or scouting experience. I know some still think it's "cutting edge" and "outside the box" making this kind of hire, but to me it's completely asinine to hire a GM with no real scouting experience. Thusfar it's played out about as expected...
seems to me there are plenty of people out there that can scout players,  the internet is full of them,  I suspect there is more to the GMs role than that,  otherwise  IMO they wouldnt be such an important part of the organization as they would be more easily replaced.

@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
seems to me there are plenty of people out there that can scout players,  the internet is full of them,  I suspect there is more to the GMs role than that,  otherwise  IMO they wouldnt be such an important part of the organization as they would be more easily replaced.
Most GM's are replaced every 4 or 5 years. I just don't think you hire someone who's main contributions are in analytics and has no prior scouting experience. I don't really care if he looks great in front of a microphone or attends every pride event in town the Wilfs want him at. Give me a guy that can evaluate talent and who's resume supports that 

@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
Most GM's are replaced every 4 or 5 years. I just don't think you hire someone who's main contributions are in analytics and has no prior scouting experience. I don't really care if he looks great in front of a microphone or attends every pride event in town the Wilfs want him at. Give me a guy that can evaluate talent and who's resume supports that 

Our previous GM had more than 20 years of scouting experience before he was hired as our GM. He had 10 chances to put a Lombardi in our trophy case. How did that work out?

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:

Our previous GM had more than 20 years of scouting experience before he was hired as our GM. He had 10 chances to put a Lombardi in our trophy case. How did that work out?
It wasn't for a lack of supplying the roster with talent. Spielman did his job. 

@Bullazin said:

You mean It’s not because fanBob is always hammered!?  Wink B)  

I'm not as doomsday as OP but there's a very real possibility at this point that we fricked this whole thing up.
I was all for trading for Dobbs at the time, especially while he was winning games, but as more info has come to light and it seems more and more clear that the team planned to move off of Kirk all along, I have to really question the wisdom in trying to win more games once Kirk and JJ were both out. The goal of winning games was diametrically opposed to the ultimate goal of drafting a rookie QB.
The history books aren't going to see that as a Herschel Walker type blunder, but it may very well cost us just as much if we miss out on all these QBs and go yet another year in limbo.
I've been saying all offseason: pay what it takes to move to 3 or 4. I don't care about the price. Sadly, there's a real possibility that no matter what we offer, "our money's no good here". If that's the case it's a real shame. Hoping for the best but officially nervous.