Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I realize it’s early, but I think the Nuclear option is very possible
Call it a vibe, but i just don’t feel like anything is gonna go how the Vikings want this offseason. 

I think JJ becomes malcontent after a long bad negotiation because the Vikings won’t “break the bank” for him and he’ll force his way out of town

I think because the Jefferson negotiation drags out, they’re forced to make a decision on Kirk before March and decide to let let him go for fiscal reasons. I think, ironically, this will in small part work towards Jefferson not resigning. 

I think there will be a huge bidding war over Hunter and we don’t get him 

I think the price will be too high to trade into the top 3 for a real QBOTF. This will look like a massive failure to the fan base.  I also think that’s the backbreaker in the Jefferson negotiations

I think Kwesi correctly isn’t going to see value at 11 for one of the second tier QBs. Which means we’ll probably take a corner from Clemson or try to get cute and trade down again. 

I think they completely shit the bed in the QB department this year. JJM is likely the best of the rest and I don’t think he’ll last to our second round pick. I have zero faith in Nix or Penix, so we probably end up with one of them. 

We’ll end up signing Ryan Tannehill, and he’ll be exactly what he’s always been…below average at everything. He’ll get booed out off the stadium by week 6 and the team will buckle to the overwhelming pressure to start the rookie…. and they’ll suck too. 

I need a whiskey

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy…!  Wink B)  

I hope you’re wrong - but you’re probably correct.

We have drafted poorly the last four years, I dont anticipate that will change.
You just cant look at “analytics” / with regard to the draft, we’ve “missed” more than we’ve “hit” - Kwesi effectively admitted using PFF....Hell, we can ALL do that. 
Havent been all that impressed. hitting on ONE guy in each draft class doesnt blow my skirt up.

Doubtful we break the bank” for JJ.

Cousins at two years is still a “bridge” IMO because our O is one dimensional.
We need a QBotF, C, DT, DE, S, RB 

Skol...I guess.

Honestly, your guess is as good as anyone's. I personally have no idea how shit is going to go down. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bt392gpz2cg64bezopna...w.gif&ct=g]

If it goes that way, KAM should be the next to go.  If he can't sell the teams future to players on the team,  he shouldn't be trusted to sell it to players not on the team.

I actually see it the other way,  Cousins gets what he wants JJ gets what he wants,  Hunter is a coin flip, KAM still fucks up the draft,   and we continue to flounder with a shit IOL and porous and ineffective DL.

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
Call it a vibe, but i just don’t feel like anything is gonna go how the Vikings want this offseason. 

I think JJ becomes malcontent after a long bad negotiation because the Vikings won’t “break the bank” for him and he’ll force his way out of town

I think because the Jefferson negotiation drags out, they’re forced to make a decision on Kirk before March and decide to let let him go for fiscal reasons. I think, ironically, this will in small part work towards Jefferson not resigning. 

I think the price will be too high to trade into the top 3 for a real QBOTF. This will look like a massive failure to the fan base.  I also think that’s the backbreaker in the Jefferson negotiations

I think Kwesi correctly isn’t going to see value at 11 for one of the second tier QBs. Which means we’ll probably take a corner from Clemson or try to get cute and trade down again. 

I think they completely shit the bed in the QB department this year. JJM is likely the best of the rest and I don’t think he’ll last to our second round pick. I have zero faith in Nix or Penix, so we probably end up with one of them. 

We’ll end up signing Ryan Tannehill, and he’ll be exactly what he’s always been…below average at everything. He’ll get booed out off the stadium by week 6 and the team will buckle to the overwhelming pressure to start the rookie…. and they’ll suck too. 

I need a whiskey
[Image: farp,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u3.jpg] Happy Sunday, Dude! B)

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@CFIAvike said:

I need a whiskey
lol, lots of sad sacks in this forum now. Doom and gloom.

The nuclear option was avoided when the team stayed in MN...

It's all perspective and whether you want to see the glass as 1/2 full or not. 

Quote: @CFIAvike said:

I need a whiskey

Wow, spoken like a true, long time, Vikings fan. I just bought a bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oak. If you're coming through Florida you are more than welcome to stop by for a pour.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
@CFIAvike said:

I need a whiskey
lol, lots of sad sacks in this forum now. Doom and gloom.
It wasn’t the “break the bank” comment from JJ that spurned this train of thought…. it was the “with a team that wants me” comment. 

That comment never comes out of your mouth if there isn’t SOMETHING there that’s making you feel unwanted by the Vikings. Now I’m not trying to say the Vikings don’t WANT to keep JJ, but at what cost?  Was Addison drafted last year with the thought that JJ might not re-sign?

Same thought with Kirk…say what you will but this regime inherited him, like they did JJ. If you add up the rumors of them desperately wanting to trade up for a QB last year, them setting up 2025 as the new competitive window, and them not committing to Kirk beyond last season…it really does seem like blowing this thing completely up is fully on the horizon. 

Of course Kwesi and KOC are going to SAY that they want Kirk and JJ to stay, but that’s just a way to save face if they move on for mega deals or if contract negotiations break down. That way it won’t look like it’s “their fault” if/when they leave. 

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again…JJ’s stock will never be higher than it is right now. If they don’t think they can get a deal done, they’ll trade him. With those picks they would have all the capital they need to go “all-in” on a trade up for a QBOTF…though it appears that would be very out of character for this front office.