Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm all in on JJ McCarthy
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
His stock is soaring right now with all the players, agents and execs in Vegas. But so much of his eval is projection. What "might" he have done in a passing offense? Matt Miller said he spoke to one NFL scout "who said J.J. McCarthy would be Joe Burrow if he were on a team that threw the ball."

I know there's a lot of misinformation right now, probably even a little disinformation. But if JJM nails his combine and interviews, he could sneak into the top three.  

If there is a "Top 4" and not a "Top 3" - all the better for us. 

I am honestly concerned about getting our QBOTF at 11.  They could all easily go b4 that. 
I've been guessing as much with the hype around McCarthy and our glaring need.  Somebody is going to look at us ans try and jump ahead,  and the bears would be happy to screw us over by trading out with a team that wants to grab that 4th QB.

Like I've been saying forever,  identify your guy and go get him.  If the top 3 hold,  I am guessing the 4th QB goes between 8 and 10.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Ideally, you draft him at #11 and let him sit behind Kirk for a year or two. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that Kirk may not stay if your first draft pick is going to be his eventual replacement, and the team may be inclined to trade up for one of the top 3 guys.
Kirk wont get a say. He’ll either be signed or gone by the draft. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
His stock is soaring right now with all the players, agents and execs in Vegas. But so much of his eval is projection. What "might" he have done in a passing offense? Matt Miller said he spoke to one NFL scout "who said J.J. McCarthy would be Joe Burrow if he were on a team that threw the ball."

I know there's a lot of misinformation right now, probably even a little disinformation. But if JJM nails his combine and interviews, he could sneak into the top three.  

I am honestly concerned about getting our QBOTF at 11.  They could all easily go b4 that. 
I've been guessing as much with the hype around McCarthy and our glaring need.  Somebody is going to look at us ans try and jump ahead,  and the bears would be happy to screw us over by trading out with a team that wants to grab that 4th QB.

Like I've been saying forever,  identify your guy and go get him.  If the top 3 hold,  I am guessing the 4th QB goes between 8 and 10.
Agreed...

Maybe it's recency bias, they may have to try and get in top 8 for one of the top 4. 

We'll see, hard to tell with all the lies and subterfuge this time of year. 

We know MHJ will go high, maybe one of the OT's or Edge's. We have to hope - but that aint a plan last I looked. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Agreed...

Maybe it's recency bias, they may have to try and get in top 8 for one of the top 4. 

We'll see, hard to tell with all the lies and subterfuge this time of year. 

We know MHJ will go high, maybe one of the OT's or Edge's. We have to hope - but that aint a plan last I looked. 

HOPE AINT A TACTIC. Wink

As some have mentioned, I'd start to worry about Denver and Denver trading up. I might start talking to TN about their 7th pick for our 2nd rd pick next year.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
As some have mentioned, I'd start to worry about Denver and Denver trading up. I might start talking to TN about their 7th pick for our 2nd rd pick next year.
Raiders also. Atlanta is taking a QB so I agree, 7 is the right spot.  But we are not getting it for next years 2. maybe 108 and 129 or our 2nd this year

Quote: @VikeMike52 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I don't see a viable move into the top spots without including JJ,  I don't advocate for that unless he is being totally unrealistic in his demands.
I think it can be done with picks, it won’t be cheap but it can be done. I don’t think there’s any way they trade JJ but I think there’s a chance they try to trade up into the top 5, without doing so.
Agree. And I don't think they'll bat an eye at packaging future picks to do so. JJ's another story. If they take the NFL's best WR, who's only 24 years old, and sell him just to move up for a higher pick? On a QB who may or may not even be able to play in the NFL? Oh hell no, that's torches and pitchfork time. 

JJM is my guy too. Been saying it. Trade up all the way to 4 if we need to. All of the top 4 would be a boon for this franchise and a fanbase that is solidly in limbo right now. This team needs a direction. Even if it’s ultimately the wrong direction, I don’t like the feeling of being stuck in neutral.

Go get Mccarthy, pay Justin, and let the rest of the chips fall where they may and I will be happy. With the weapons we have and KO’s play design, I think Mccarthy will be more than servicable. Purdy wasn’t a world beater last night by any means but they were a cat’s meow away from winning it all. That could be us. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
@FLVike said:
If Jim Harbaugh is also "All-In' on JJ, would you trade 11 for Herbert straight up?
Yes in a second!! =)
Why? You ready to pay his $52M contract, which is $17M more than we were paying Kirk last season? All for a QB with a losing record and zero playoff wins? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@kmillard said:
@FLVike said:
If Jim Harbaugh is also "All-In' on JJ, would you trade 11 for Herbert straight up?
Yes in a second!! =)
Why? You ready to pay his $52M contract, which is $17M more than we were paying Kirk last season? All for a QB with a losing record and zero playoff wins? 
He's already shown he can play and is 25. Has all the skillset you could want in a young QB. I look forward to seeing him go deep in the playoffs with Harbaugh very soon. As for the contract the cap is a myth right?