Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm all in on JJ McCarthy
I think he's going to be an excellent pro. I've watched all his tape.....he's a cool character. Very athletic. Tough minded. He's only 21. He can sling it, nice arm. Classic stance and throwing style. He's 6'3" but his throwing arch is even higher. He can throw in the tight windows. He's a quality over quantity guy. When he's on, he looks really pro good and with upside. Not without concerns. I'm a Michgan fan but I think I'm very objective. He's got a TON of upside. If he can incubate behind Cousins, watch out.

This is my guy. Putting it in the universe. 

Ideally, you draft him at #11 and let him sit behind Kirk for a year or two. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that Kirk may not stay if your first draft pick is going to be his eventual replacement, and the team may be inclined to trade up for one of the top 3 guys.

I dont think Cousins is opposed to the idea of the next QB they draft being his eventual replacement. I think he expects that to be the case. 

I think what he is "probably" asking for is a two year guarantee. I dont know if the Vikings are willing to do that or not?

Too bad the draft doesnt come first. 

As far as JJM goes, I really havent watched much Big 10 football...He does have lots of good traits and played against some very stout D's, so he's got that seasoning. 

I have no idea how he projects to the NFL or KOC system. 

Homer…!!!  Wink B)  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think he's going to be an excellent pro. I've watched all his tape.....he's a cool character. Very athletic. Tough minded. He's only 21. He can sling it, nice arm. Classic stance and throwing style. He's 6'3" but his throwing arch is even higher. He can throw in the tight windows. He's a quality over quantity guy. When he's on, he looks really pro good and with upside. Not without concerns. I'm a Michgan fan but I think I'm very objective. He's got a TON of upside. If he can incubate behind Cousins, watch out.

I'm with you. I've seen every game he's played at Michigan. My only real concern is his accuracy with the long ball. Again, in the perfect scenario of working alongside Kirk, and throwing to guys like JJ for a year or 2 he gets that part of his game ironed out. As evidenced by his time at Michigan, he won't be outworked. Being only 21 I think he has a lot of room for improvement, and seems to be very coachable.

If Jim Harbaugh is also "All-In' on JJ, would you trade 11 for Herbert straight up?

Quote: @FLVike said:
If Jim Harbaugh is also "All-In' on JJ, would you trade 11 for Herbert straight up?
Have you heard any news of Harbaugh shopping Herbert? 

There’s absolutely no way on the planet Earth or any other planet that Harbaugh trades Herbert

Yes in a second!! =)

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:

I'm with you. I've seen every game he's played at Michigan. My only real concern is his accuracy with the long ball. Again, in the perfect scenario of working alongside Kirk, and throwing to guys like JJ for a year or 2 he gets that part of his game ironed out. As evidenced by his time at Michigan, he won't be outworked. Being only 21 I think he has a lot of room for improvement, and seems to be very coachable.
JJ is one of the top six that I haven't been able to watch much this year, have a pretty good feel on the others. I did watch all JJs throws though and there are some tools to work with that could trend up. He is a pure projection pick though. Needs to add 15 lbs, and I hope he actually measures at 6'3.