Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Commercials
Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
I thought this was the WORST SB commercials Ive ever sat through - Most were just normal commercials - and the others felt like they were trying to hard or were just too sappy - SB commercials are supposed to be hilarious and memorable - these were not. I kept commenting to my son about not seeing any Bud Commercials etc.  - just an overall disappointment - usually its something to look forward to when your team is not in the game.
I think I recall a Bud commercial...

They pivoted back to Clysdales and Labradors. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
I thought this was the WORST SB commercials Ive ever sat through - Most were just normal commercials - and the others felt like they were trying to hard or were just too sappy - SB commercials are supposed to be hilarious and memorable - these were not. I kept commenting to my son about not seeing any Bud Commercials etc.  - just an overall disappointment - usually its something to look forward to when your team is not in the game.

maybe I was getting more chili! But what did you think of the commercials overall? Nothing to write home about unlike past years. 

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@purplefaithful said:
@NorthernCalVike said:

maybe I was getting more chili! But what did you think of the commercials overall? Nothing to write home about unlike past years. 
I would classify them as pretty lackluster overall. 

@NorthernCalVike said:

where did the labs come from, historically AB had Dalmations with the draft teams.  The lab thing kind of confused me.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I don’t care about the ads but just want to commend everyone in this thread for not going with the super tired, “Man, the commercials used to be so much better” take. Maybe they were. Maybe they weren’t. Who cares! Good football game. 
Man the commercials used to be.... just kidding I would rather not see commercials 
[Image: 1k2uug8s0wmg.gif]

I didn’t watch the commercials.  It seems silly to me that we’ve been
programmed to think that watching advertisements is something to do for fun.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@NorthernCalVike said:

where did the labs come from, historically AB had Dalmations with the draft teams.  The lab thing kind of confused me.

There is a new celebrity in Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell's famous family.On Feb. 11, after the 2024 Super Bowl, Hawn, 78, posted on Instagram that the dog she shares with Russell, 72, appeared in a Super Bowl commercial.
"Don't get me wrong I love watching football but tonight was all about watching our dog Roy Hawn Russell star in his first super bowl commercial for @budweiserusa!!!" the actress captioned her social media post, which included a video of her and Russell watching the dog's ad with their family.
Roy Hawn Russell, the Labrador retriever, appeared in Budweiser's "Old-School Delivery" commercial. In the spot, the celebrity canine leads a team of Clydesdale horses to a snowed-in bar with no power so the animals can make a Budweiser beer delivery.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/goldie-hawn-reveals-her-labrador-184951612.html

[Image: 7cf6eb56df3bf2dfe655eded0d04780c]

@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@NorthernCalVike said:

There is a new celebrity in Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell's famous family.On Feb. 11, after the 2024 Super Bowl, Hawn, 78, posted on Instagram that the dog she shares with Russell, 72, appeared in a Super Bowl commercial.
"Don't get me wrong I love watching football but tonight was all about watching our dog Roy Hawn Russell star in his first super bowl commercial for @budweiserusa!!!" the actress captioned her social media post, which included a video of her and Russell watching the dog's ad with their family.
Roy Hawn Russell, the Labrador retriever, appeared in Budweiser's "Old-School Delivery" commercial. In the spot, the celebrity canine leads a team of Clydesdale horses to a snowed-in bar with no power so the animals can make a Budweiser beer delivery.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/goldie-hawn-reveals-her-labrador-184951612.html

[Image: 7cf6eb56df3bf2dfe655eded0d04780c]
I still don't get why a lab, instead of a dalmatian. 

Quote: @medaille said:
I didn’t watch the commercials.  It seems silly to me that we’ve been
programmed to think that watching advertisements is something to do for fun.
Many years ago, it was better: you didn't have the Twitter/YouTube Shorts social media kind of comedy stuff that is prevalent now and easily searched. Back then, the commercials being purposefully funny or out-of-the-box was a real novelty. Seeing celebrities do things you weren't used to seeing them do was a reason to watch and be a little entertained back in the day with Superbowl commercials. Advertising agencies upped their game for the Superbowl commercials in a way you didn't see outside of the game...it was unique.

Now its just watching companies try to be TOO serious.......trying too hard to BE funny....watching celebrities goof around is stale, we're inundated with them 24/7 today. There are MUCH funnier or poignant short form things right at our fingertips now then the tediousness of watching commercials. Its kind of lowest common denominator stuff now. 

I read a good synopsis of this years ads; too many celebrities and not enough emotion.