Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading from 12 to 3 etc...
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
Nix is Aaron Rodgers 2.0. It’s like scouting the same guy all over again. Arm talent is the same, accuracy similar, ball placement, fast release, short pocket time, ability to hit guys spot on with all kinds of srm angles, and especially finding creative ways out of bad spots. 

This is Rodgers and especially Pat Mahomes all over again.

You are the first person I've read that has this glowing of a take on Nix. 

If he is that good? I suspect he'll end-up a Packer  Wink

Havoc knows his stuff. That said, I don't trust evaluations that tell only one side of the story. Nix has weaknesses too. 

It's hard to compare draft picks unless you're listing both their strengths and weaknesses. That gives you an idea of some weaknesses that maybe we shouldn't be so concerned about. Mahomes, for example, was said to be reckless coming out. OK, so maybe we push recklessness down a notch among the traits that matter. At any rate, there were many many people who thought Mahomes game would never translate to the NFL. 
That's one of the knocks on Nix, careless. He's a gun slinger which can be really good and then really bad. I don't know that I agree with Havoc's assessment on Nix, but he's going to be one of these guys that a few teams could fall in love with. He's a fiery leader type. And he's got arm talent, as Havoc mentions.

[Image: USATSI_22104477-scaled-e1706302072397.jpg]

Drafting Nix sit him for one year and rent a vet QB for 1- 2 years sounds good to me.

Quote: @"Still Hurtn" said:
Drafting Nix sit him for one year and rent a vet QB for 1- 2 years sounds good to me.
“Rent a vet” is a TERRIBLE move and basically announces “we’re absolutely not competing for as long as this turd starts”. 

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:
“Rent a vet” is a TERRIBLE move and basically announces “we’re absolutely not competing for as long as this turd starts”. 
We are not competing if we bring Cousin's back at $90 Million for 2 years guaranteed either, plus his $28.5 dead cap on top of that. Too many holes. You won't be able to resign Hunter with Cousins tying up that much Cap Space and still get an extension done for JJ and Darrisaw. How will you replace the loss of Hunter on a DLine that desperately needs another starting Edge to pair with him, and also needs some serious help on the interior of the Defensive line? If you bring Cousins back, you have to replace Bradbury. He was weak and undersized coming out of NC State with zero ability to anchor. Now he has a chronic bad back and a coach who doesn't want to run the ball anyways to take advantage of his blocking in space. You can take Latu, Turner, or Verse at 11, which would be all big impact players for our Pass Rush, but what's the point if you can't fix the other holes?

I would have no problem bringing Kirk back for 2 years if we were actually close to contending, but if you think we are just a player or two away that can be fixed in this offseason you are as delusional as the Wilfs. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:

I would have no problem bringing Kirk back for 2 years if we were actually close to contending, but if you think we are just a player or two away that can be fixed in this offseason you are as delusional as the Wilfs. 
Again I ask the question:

Who are the real Vikings?

The 13/4 team from just a year ago?
 Or
The 7 win team that lost its star QB and All world WR most of the season? And about 1/3 of of the rest of the roster to injuries?

All I am saying is that it is not unreasonable that with a healthy KC and JJ (and Addison and Flores) to be competitive for the division title in 24. 

GB and Detroit don't scare me in the least. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:

Or
The 7 win team that lost its star QB and All world WR most of the season? And about 1/3 of of the rest of the roster to injuries?

All I am saying is that it is not unreasonable that with a healthy KC and JJ (and Addison and Flores) to be competitive for the division title in 24. 

I think you answered your own question. The Vikings don't have any depth to overcome injuries to their key players. Flores did a great job with improving the D, but you can only outscheme your opponent for so long before they figure you out. Add in all the injuries on both sides of the ball and this team showed everyone just how far away we are from contending. With all the pending free agents, no money to spend to fill those holes, and a GM with a questionable track record of drafting and roster building, this looks like a .500 team to me at best. 

@"purplefaithful" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:

Or

I think you answered your own question. The Vikings don't have any depth to overcome injuries to their key players. Flores did a great job with improving the D, but you can only outscheme your opponent for so long before they figure you out. Add in all the injuries on both sides of the ball and this team showed everyone just how far away we are from contending. With all the pending free agents, no money to spend to fill those holes, and a GM with a questionable track record of drafting and roster building, this looks like a .500 team to me at best. 
Maybe...

But you tell me what teams are going to move forward without their starting QB and make a big run? 
 Baltimore? Buffalo? KC? Lions? SF? Bengals????

And for me? This is a make/break year for Kwesi...

@"purplefaithful" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:

Or

Well 2 years ago we were considered the "luckiest" team in NFL history with all the close score wins despite a horrible defense that showed with a first round exit to the second worst playoff team Giants.  

Last year we were unlucky (not in NFL history) no doubt.  

I am not a fan of paying top money and trotting out a 36 yr old QB coming of Achilles tear to recapture luck from 2 years ago.  It just seems to me that everyone on here assumes Kirk comes back 100% and I do not think it is likely.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:

Or

Well 2 years ago we were considered the "luckiest" team in NFL history with all the close score wins despite a horrible defense that showed with a first round exit to the second worst playoff team Giants.  

I am not a fan of paying top money and trotting out a 36 yr old QB coming of Achilles tear to recapture luck from 2 years ago.  It just seems to me that everyone on here assumes Kirk comes back 100% and I do not think it is likely.  

Not to mention the fact that another top paid player, Hockenson will be lucky to play in 24 if his knee surgery keeps getting postponed. 
For unbiased watchers, it is easy to see a roster difference on a whole of the Lions, pack, and Vikings. The Vikings have a lot of work to do.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:

Or

Not to mention the fact that another top paid player, Hockenson will be lucky to play in 24 if his knee surgery keeps getting postponed. 
For unbiased watchers, it is easy to see a roster difference on a whole of the Lions, pack, and Vikings. The Vikings have a lot of work to do.
And what about the Bears? You think that team is not going to be substantially better next season? You add Caleb Williams and another top 10 pick to that roster, plus their cap space, watch out...

Vikings head into the offseason with no answer at quarterback, Hockenson missing probably the first half of next season, talent deficiencies and depth issues across the board, and a questionable GM trying to navigate a "competitive rebuild" saddled by ownership. The only team in the division the needle is not pointing up for is the Vikings, who if they bungle this offseason could be cellar dwellers the next few years.