Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian O'Neill on Kirk Cousins
Quote: @FLVike said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@FLVike said:
Look what Stroud did this season, some rookie QBs can play this game at a high level, so why pay millions to Cousin when you may have a better QB on the bench?
For every Stroud, there are 15 Bryce Youngs.

and is Cousins is one of the Bryce Youngs?
Bryce Young couldn’t hold Kirk’s jock at this point. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Cousins: Where am I getting peace from the Lord?
I recommend the Atlanta Falcons.

The 35-year-old QB also signaled a willingness to at least consider a more affordable deal that would give the Vikings the salary cap space to address other positions. "I think that God has blessed me financially beyond my wildest dreams. So at this stage in my career, the dollars are really not what it's about," he said, adding, "At this point, structure is probably more important."
Bears repeating. 

Let's see:

JJ and O'Neil gush about him, KOC basically does the same, hell...every teammate does.

Meanwhile, a few internet babblers: "...only if he's cheap".

One in particular: "get him gone" (constantly)

...I'm gonna go with the actual players and team staff on this one.

Quote: @Zanary said:
Let's see:

JJ and O'Neil gush about him, KOC basically does the same, hell...every teammate does.

Meanwhile, a few internet babblers: "...only if he's cheap".

One in particular: "get him gone" (constantly)

...I'm gonna go with the actual players and team staff on this one.
Lets see:

If the players and KOC gush about him, then why didn't KAM sign him to an extension prior to the season? The answer was...and still is;

"...only if he's cheap (reasonably)" 

It bears repeating....

Kwesi is on record stating they want KC back. The negotiation outcome is the big unknown.

March and the combine will be a fascinating time this year. 
Not suggesting this is the feeling, but Kwesi isn't going to go on the record and blatantly say they're not going to re-sign Kirk. The easy out is letting him walk and following it with a "we just couldn't find a solution that worked". 

Last off-season they didn't get particularly close to an extension. Whether than changes now that they didn't draft a viable QB last year or not is TBD. But Kirk's market is going to be very strong. The achilles isn't going to scare anyone off. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:
It bears repeating....

Kwesi is on record stating they want KC back. The negotiation outcome is the big unknown.

Not suggesting this is the feeling, but Kwesi isn't going to go on the record and blatantly say they're not going to re-sign Kirk. The easy out is letting him walk and following it with a "we just couldn't find a solution that worked". 

Last off-season they didn't get particularly close to an extension. Whether than changes now that they didn't draft a viable QB last year or not is TBD. But Kirk's market is going to be very strong. The achilles isn't going to scare anyone off. 
Just our own fanbase!  :p

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:
It bears repeating....

Just our own fanbase!  :p

In all fairness, Kirko is going to be 36 & coming off a significant injury. An injury that won't be fully healed when negotiations start. If I'm the team or it's fanbase I go into these negotiations with the disclaimer often seen in ads for attorney services on TV in the back of my mind:
"Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes"