Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears secure 1st overall pick in draft
Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
Fields is gonna be fine. They should draft an Edge and OT and keep building. 

Remember half the fans on this board didnt want Lamar Jackson and said Love was a bust. 
Think Fields will be fine with some more playmakers.  Some qb's just need a few years to adjust to the NFL.

Think the jury may still be out on Love, he certainly doesn't look like a bust but he certainly isn't as good as the Viking defense made him look.  He had receivers open all game and it didn't take much to complete those passes.
Oh Come on. The guy has 34 Tds and 4,000 yards throwing to an all rookie and 2nd year group of receivers. You would wet your pants if the Vikings had a young QB with that Toolset.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
So i guess Fields is now on the market

I;m not convinced the Bears have closure on that yet...
Crowd was chanting "We want Fields" at the end of the game. Bears have a tough decision to make, but options are good 
Yep, won't be easy. And I just don't see it with Bryce Young. 

Said it before the draft that I just didn't see it with him and expecting a guy that small to buck 30+ years of data that says small QB's don't work out in the NFL was a huge ask. What an utter shitshow in Carolina. 

Say what you want about Poles, but what he did in that trade with the Panthers was highway robbery 
Easier to commit highway robbery if you're always on the highway. And the book is far from closed on Young. 
I'd guess the Bears won't be on that highway much longer while we might just be getting started depending on how we address quarterback. Again it's the contrast in philosophies where the Bears tore it down while the Vikings went with the "competitive rebuild." Next year is year 3 in both experiments, and I think we'll have a clearer picture on just what the better philosophy was in getting their team into championship conversation 

And based on the track records of Bama quarterbacks and his size limitations, I'd be shocked if Young turns things around. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Crowd was chanting "We want Fields" at the end of the game. Bears have a tough decision to make, but options are good 

Said it before the draft that I just didn't see it with him and expecting a guy that small to buck 30+ years of data that says small QB's don't work out in the NFL was a huge ask. What an utter shitshow in Carolina. 

Say what you want about Poles, but what he did in that trade with the Panthers was highway robbery 
Easier to commit highway robbery if you're always on the highway. And the book is far from closed on Young. 
I'd guess the Bears won't be on that highway much longer while we might just be getting started depending on how we address quarterback. Again it's the contrast in philosophies where the Bears tore it down while the Vikings went with the "competitive rebuild." Next year is year 3 in both experiments, and I think we'll have a clearer picture on just what the better philosophy was in getting their team into championship conversation 

And based on the track records of Bama quarterbacks and his size limitations, I'd be shocked if Young turns things around. 
In all likelihood the Bears will either have justin Fields or a rookie starting at QB next year, meaning they won't be ready to contend. 

Honestly, the smartest thing they could do is to trade Fields for more draft capital, draft Marvin Harrison Jr and use all that cap space to make Kirk Cousins an offer he can't refuse. That would be a legitimate contender. But it's the Bears; they aren't that smart. 

The Vikings currently sit with the 12th pick. The highest we could move up would be 9th if we lose to Detroit and the Falcons, Bears, and Raiders all win.

@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

In all likelihood the Bears will either have justin Fields or a rookie starting at QB next year, meaning they won't be ready to contend. 

Honestly, the smartest thing they could do is to trade Fields for more draft capital, draft Marvin Harrison Jr and use all that cap space to make Kirk Cousins an offer he can't refuse. That would be a legitimate contender. But it's the Bears; they aren't that smart. 
If they beat Green Bay and finish the season at 8-9, I'd say they are ready to contend...and that's with Fields at QB and an average supporting cast. Not unreasonable to believe with their projected cap space (60 million+) and draft capital that they couldn't make another jump next season

The Vikings currently sit with the 12th pick. The highest we could move up would be 9th if we lose to Detroit and the Falcons, Bears, and Raiders all win.
I'd take 9th as a reward for my suffering this year, I think it'll be #11 though:

Lions should beat Vikings (unless they rest everyone)
Falcons @ Saints 
Bears should lose @ GB
Raiders host Bronco's 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I'd take 9th as a reward for my suffering this year, I think it'll be #11 though:

Lions should beat Vikings (unless they rest everyone)
Falcons @ Saints 
Bears should lose @ GB
Raiders host Bronco's 

Bears have won 4 of their last 5 with their only loss being at Cleveland by a field goal. I could see them beating Green Bay. 

Yeah 9th pick would be nice. Puts us in a little better striking distance to move up 

What about the Jets at 8? If they they win and we lose we'll both be at 7-10 with the exact same SOS. Is there a another tiebreaker we lose with them? 

I read somewhere we could end up as high as 8th if all fell our way, not sure…

@"supafreak84" said:
What about the Jets at 8? If they they win and we lose we'll both be at 7-10 with the exact same SOS. Is there a another tiebreaker we lose with them? 

The tie breaker is a coin toss. It does occur occasionally. The coin toss would take place at the NFL's Spring meeting.