Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Bynum
Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I wish I knew what the deal is with this guy. Seriously. I mean he smells like a bust, unfortunately. He's been declared inactive a bunch. Yikes.
It makes no sense, he looks like a physical freak and basically played in a NFL defense in college with 4 other guys who all went in the 1st round as well.  It has to be his ability to pick up the schemes and maybe at Georgia the safeties played more of a free roaming position, because they were so dominant up front. 
He had a major injury just a year ago.  The tib-fib used to be a career ending injury.  Perhaps he is still overcoming the mental side of trusting his body.  

Not making excuses because seeing a 1st rounder in street clothes isn't normal.  But it is a possibility.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"Greylock" said:
Coaching is bringing out the best of these two.  Metellus was a special team  guy until Flores found out what he could do in his defense.  Lol that no other team in the league understands the brillance of Rick Speilman.
Generally a 6th round pick is going to take some time to develop, he played quite a bit and flashed last year and also he beat out the Golden Boy's first round pick for playing time before he got hurt =)
I wish I knew what the deal is with this guy. Seriously. I mean he smells like a bust, unfortunately. He's been declared inactive a bunch. Yikes.

[Image: b06cb93fe65534511cc22aa7c19fc294]
Regarding Cine-- It's bizarre. Even stone cold busts usually at least see the field. I guess that's because they were drafted a position of need whereas Cine wasn't (Thank you Bynum!!), but it's still so odd that he can't even get out there on special teams or anything.
I would love to know what the team saw in Cine coming out and wth happened to those traits? I don't attribute much of this to his injury because he wasn't playing before that and he's looked explosive in the limited time we've seen him play after it. So what's the deal? It's a bummer. I was hopeful on draft day and even coming into this season. But nothing.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
lol. 
Are you not a Bynum fan, Sticky?
I love Bynum. And its very cool that he finally got his wife over here. Its a mooovieeee! 
Yeah that  was cool.  But to the OP, I think the lol was more of a "see through the agenda" post.
Just giving Spielman some credit in finding two gems in that later rounds that are huge contributors in our defensive resurgence. No agenda, just giving the man credit for the talent and imprint he provided the organization which the new regime is benefitting from. Didn't we just have a couple "time to give Kwesi credit" posts yesterday? Well lets give Rick some credit for his contributions to this team as well. 

You can stop dry-humping Spielman's leg at anytime now.  We know Rick is a savior in your eyes...  LOL

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Nice post, Bells, but wanted to point out the OL has noticably improved after Kwesi brought in Reisner.  While Rick did draft Bradbury, it was Kwesi that kept him here.  I actually was surprised, but it's worked out very well.  Bradbury is playing way better than I thought he could.
The OL has been playing pretty well since Bradbury returned and has been healthier.  Kwesi had Risner in for a visit August 1st and didn't sign him until we were 0-2, so if Risner has truly made that big of a difference then I guess we can say that Kwesi may have messed up by not signing him when we were in training camp like most here wanted us to. 
Yeah, it was strange that they waited, but I heard Risner was recovering from an injury over the summer and they wanted to see how it would heal.  Also, they saved guaranteed money for his contract, if they waited.  It's really not a big deal because they didn't even play Risner until Cleveland was injured almost a month after he joined the team.  I don't think any fans expected Risner to replace Cleveland when it appeared Ingram was the weakest link.  Seems to me like Kwesi and the coaching staff knew what they were doing.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
You can stop dry-humping Spielman's leg at anytime now.  We know Rick is a savior in your eyes...  LOL
Lol jeez I try to give the guy a little credit for finding two real late round gems and it's a "leg dry humping" huh? This board is amazing. Just go back to finishing up your KAM bukake sandwich and enjoy your day 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
 Just go back to finishing up your KAM bukake sandwich and enjoy your day 
LMAO, gross!! Hilarious, but so gross.  :p

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
I agree both of those picks are proving to be awesome, but without
Flores coaching them, it'd be different for both.  I not only
think our safety play is really good, but the CBs too.  Kwesi's picks of
Evans, Blackmon, and Booth (seeing the field now and doing well) are making plays as well.  The FA addition of Murphy
is a noticeable upgrade of PP.Flores is proving to the DB whisperer that Zimmer never lived up to, IMO.
Agree. Bynum and Metellus have been great. But so have Evans and Blackmon. Rick drafted Hunter, JJ, 4/5ths of our OL and brought in Cousins. Kwesi drafted Ingram who has been playing great. He also drafted Addison, Evans and Blackmon, traded for Hockenson and brought in Dobbs. His moves to shed big salaries in Thielen, Cook, Z, Kendricks and P2 all look like good moves in retrospect. Rick drafted Treadwell. Kwesi drafted Cine. 

Bottom line is that there just isn't a narrative out there that supports any kind of pro or anti Rick or Kwesi narrative. 
Nice post, Bells, but wanted to point out the OL has noticably improved after Kwesi brought in Reisner.  While Rick did draft Bradbury, it was Kwesi that kept him here.  I actually was surprised, but it's worked out very well.  Bradbury is playing way better than I thought he could.

I agree that Risner has helped improve the pass blocking, but the OL was improved before he got here, mostly due to small improvement from Bradbury (who's biggest improvement came last year), but big improvement from Ed Ingram, who was a huge liability his rookie season. This is now a line you can win a Super Bowl with. Gotta find a way to keep them together. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
I agree both of those picks are proving to be awesome, but without
Flores coaching them, it'd be different for both.  I not only
think our safety play is really good, but the CBs too.  Kwesi's picks of
Evans, Blackmon, and Booth (seeing the field now and doing well) are making plays as well.  The FA addition of Murphy
is a noticeable upgrade of PP.Flores is proving to the DB whisperer that Zimmer never lived up to, IMO.
Agree. Bynum and Metellus have been great. But so have Evans and Blackmon. Rick drafted Hunter, JJ, 4/5ths of our OL and brought in Cousins. Kwesi drafted Ingram who has been playing great. He also drafted Addison, Evans and Blackmon, traded for Hockenson and brought in Dobbs. His moves to shed big salaries in Thielen, Cook, Z, Kendricks and P2 all look like good moves in retrospect. Rick drafted Treadwell. Kwesi drafted Cine. 

Bottom line is that there just isn't a narrative out there that supports any kind of pro or anti Rick or Kwesi narrative. 

I agree that Risner has helped improve the pass blocking, but the OL was improved before he got here, mostly due to small improvement from Bradbury (who's biggest improvement came last year), but big improvement from Ed Ingram, who was a huge liability his rookie season. This is now a line you can win a Super Bowl with. Gotta find a way to keep them together. 
I still think they need to make a change to that interior OL,  we cant get any push at all in short yardage situations,  this lack of any power running game is a liability in the redzone and will be an even bigger problem the later the season goes.  Got to be able to run the ball in cold weather and the playoffs.

Both sets of draft picks have had hits and misses but the coaching is definitely a factor. Love seeing these guys contribute, the combination of players and coaches is gelling. Credit to both Spielman and KAM for the combination of players we have now.