Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Our new QB
Well Dobbs does move the needle some for me and is better then Matt Ryan or the like (mentioned above) which would move the needle way down.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
I like this a lot (don't know comp yet).  He is a decent starting QB who can create, move the pocket and run which will help.  He is a different QB then what we have or had - IMO.  Not saying we are playoff bound but he is only 28 so not real old either.

I think it is obvious we are trying to compete for a playoff spot with this move.

Probably end up in draft limbo as usual but if we really like a Top 10 QB then we have to have the balls to go him just like the Cheifs did with Mahomes and Bills did for Allen.  
Yep. I don't mind this move at all. Signals to me they aren't tanking the season, which considering how the defense and OL is playing, JJ back soon hopefully, I totally understand. Will it hurt our draft prospects? Yep. But at 4-4 it's clear unless we were only going to win 1 more game the rest of the season, we weren't going to be picking top 5 anyway. At least this way we still have a shot at the playoffs and from there who knows.
If he and Hall stink out the joint well then at least we didn't give up much of anything for Dobbs.
I don't love it. I don't hate it. I'm just relieved they didn't do something idiotic that I would hate.

Safe and smart, no desperate move to overpay for someone that is not a sure thing 

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
@"minny65" said:
The Minnesota Vikings are making a trade to address the quarterback position after Kirk Cousins' season-ending injury, agreeing to acquire Joshua Dobbs from the Arizona Cardinals, sources told ESPN.
The Cardinals traded Dobbs and a conditional seventh-round pick that can become a sixth-rounder based on Dobbs' play time in Minnesota to the Vikings for a sixth-round pick, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
So we start Dobbs after next week and possibly get back a higher pick than we gave up. Got that O'Connell??  
I would guess it goes the other way.  If he plays a lot, we should pay more, and if he plays very little we should pay less.  Like if he's a complete dud, they have to sweeten the pot, but I'm not sure how the bolded statement above makes any sense no matter how you look at it.

I like the move. Kwesi essentially gave up no significant draft capital or money. I hope the lights come on for Hall and he tears it up. But if not, I like Dobbs potential better than Mullens. If it doesn't work out, it won't negatively impact the draft capital needed to obtain the QB of the future.

I don't see the point of this trade, he is not any better than anyone who is currently on the roster.  I would rather go with Hall and if he doesn't do it then go with Mullens when he is healthy.  This move makes no sense, he brings nothing to the team.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
I don't see the point of this trade, he is not any better than anyone who is currently on the roster.  I would rather go with Hall and if he doesn't do it then go with Mullens when he is healthy.  This move makes no sense, he brings nothing to the team.  
Heard Mullens back may be a longer term issue.  Manion should not be an NFL QB.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
We didn’t have a backup QB on the roster.  Mannion's mostly just a coach who was there to
help Cousins and be emergency backup behind Hall until Mullens came back.  Dobbs gives us a guy who can backup Hall in
the short term, and if Mullens is out for a while, maybe compete with Hall.

I would guess the plan is still Hall to start to see if he has
QB of the future potential, then Mullens if Hall falls flat, and then Dobbs if
Mullens is still injured and Hall falls flat.

So:

1.  We didn't overpay.
2.  We're getting someone with good, bankable capabilities.
3.  He's not ancient, seeking one last shot at glory.
4.  He's not a mental whack-a-mole, trying for his 5th "good fit" in 5 seasons.
5.  He has a good arm, whose long passes won't require punt-like hang times.

Holy s**t, folks, these ARE different times!!!

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
So:

1.  We didn't overpay.
2.  We're getting someone with good, bankable capabilities.
3.  He's not ancient, seeking one last shot at glory.
4.  He's not a mental whack-a-mole, trying for his 5th "good fit" in 5 seasons.
5.  He has a good arm, whose long passes won't require punt-like hang times.

Holy s**t, folks, these ARE different times!!!
lol
[Image: bcy7bg0m59v4.png]