Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaren Hall
Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Hall in preseason didn't appear to have it against lesser talent. But he also had a real bad offensive line.
I thought he showed progress from game to game actually, along with nice ability to throw accurately on the run.  He also had decent pocket awareness and the smarts to run out of trouble and throw the ball away rather than lose yards taking sacks.  And behind the third string oline those are necessary traits.

Quote: @comet52 said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Hall in preseason didn't appear to have it against lesser talent. But he also had a real bad offensive line.
I thought he showed progress from game to game actually, along with nice ability to throw accurately on the run.  He also had decent pocket awareness and the smarts to run out of trouble and throw the ball away rather than lose yards taking sacks.  And behind the third string oline those are necessary traits.
He has a chance. I think KOC probably has to adjust the offense a little. Turn it into one of those simplified, rookie-friendly things that benefitted the likes of Mac Jones and Brock Purdy early on. 

Shame we don't have much of a running game to fall back on. But I think now is the time for Akers and Chandler to get more opportunities. It really is puzzling to me why Chandler doesn't get more snaps. 

I thought he showed a lot of poise coming in unexpectedly, made a big 3rd down pass and showed a lot of maturity in his post game interview.  Our only shot for this year is to get lucky with a Brock Purdy type situation and may as well see if Hall can be that guy.  Since we are likely to need draft capital to move around in draft for a QB do not think we can afford to make any trades.  I would be intrigued to bring in someone like Wentz to take Mannion's spot as a backup and see if KOC can be the guy to get his game back together.  

Quote: @comet52 said:
@jargomcfargo said:
That may be, but he had so little protection he was constantly under siege. That's why I hope they roll with him and give him a better chance of success. He has mobility and awareness which may not go far without a run game. This will be a big play calling challenge for KOC, and I hope Kwesi doesn't give up draft capitol for a washed up never been!

I just heard that were taking with the Saints trying to make a trade for Jamies Winston. Not sure If i like that idea. Would rather just ride with Hall and see what we got.

Not much talk about Mullens. He was the backup QB, should hopefully be back in a couple of weeks.
If Hall is any type of a game manager he will do alright. plenty of talented receivers for him to throw to.
Now lets see how good of a job KOC does.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
I just heard that were taking with the Saints trying to make a trade for Jamies Winston. Not sure If i like that idea. Would rather just ride with Hall and see what we got.

Oh for fuck sakes.  Are you serious?  Can't we just roll over and die like a normal team that 4-4 and lost their starting QB.  Making it as a wildcard team and losing in the first round on the road in San Fransisco doesn't exactly give me warm fuzzies. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@NorthernCalVike said:

Oh for fuck sakes.  Are you serious?  Can't we just roll over and die like a normal team that 4-4 and lost their starting QB.  Making it as a wildcard team and losing in the first round on the road in San Fransisco doesn't exactly give me warm fuzzies. 
WE can do anything we want. WE can stop watching and just go fishing on Sundays. But there a few biggish guys in Minneapolis who might not want to throw in the towel just yet. 

Jameis Winston?? Please be a rumor.

I was on “X” an hour or so ago and sombody was claiming that we’re talking to Ben Roethlisberger. Isn’t his arm fried burnt toast??? My brain will truly explode if the Wilves plural decide we need either of these two, or Murray, or anybody that costs us picks, or truly basically anybody other than what we already have on our roster. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@NorthernCalVike said:

There's no chance we'd make the playoffs with Jamies. The guy is a coach killing drive killing machine.