Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Levis
Quote: @kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:
Loved Levis, but just like the news about him being overtaken by Malik Willis, I wouldn't jump on this news as any sort of confirmation that he is now a franchise QB. It's a very good sign though. 

Zero regrets about taking Addison over Levis. 
I dunno, it remains to be seen. Like Addison but if Levis balls out, I still take the QB.
Well the thing is, Addison has already balled out. Levis is still an unknown. But yes, if both end up franchise players, you take the QB every time. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Loved Levis, but just like the news about him being overtaken by Malik Willis, I wouldn't jump on this news as any sort of confirmation that he is now a franchise QB. It's a very good sign though. 

Zero regrets about taking Addison over Levis. 
Yep, you did rep Levis. Credit given. There sure is a lot to like when you look at him physically. Will be interesting to watch. 

Agree that Addison has looked really good and I think in contention for Off Rookie of the year although it is difficult to beat QB's in that category.  

But even if Levis continues to look good I am really going to want to know why we passed on him.  Actually I want to know anyway?  I read where was cocky (so what) and that we had inside coach to coach intel.  Can anyone shed more light?

Quote: @minny65 said:
Agree that Addison has looked really good and I think in contention for Off Rookie of the year although it is difficult to beat QB's in that category.  

But even if Levis continues to look good I am really going to want to know why we passed on him.  Actually I want to know anyway?  I read where was cocky (so what) and that we had inside coach to coach intel.  Can anyone shed more light?
My sources tell me we passed because we're the Vikings and we never ever take QBs early, even when it would could or might strongly benefit us to do so. Same rule goes for edge rushers.

Quote: @minny65 said:

It's a mystery and probably will remain so for a while. NFL staffs are very tight-lipped about things like that. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@minny65 said:

My sources tell me we passed because we're the Vikings and we never ever take QBs early, even when it would could or might strongly benefit us to do so. Same rule goes for edge rushers.
This is the most likely reason.

Watching Levis tonight and feeling ill that we passed on him, have to really question our GM and scouting department when a franchise QB was sitting there late in the first round and we had no future QB on the roster.  Our remainder of the season would be looking completely different right now.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
Watching Levis tonight and feeling ill that we passed on him, have to really question our GM and scouting department when a franchise QB was sitting there late in the first round and we had no future QB on the roster.  Our remainder of the season would be looking completely different right now.  
stupid when one falls into your lap in the 20s and no extra draft capital required.

Quote: @JR44 said:
He is impressive spinning the ball. Can make all the throws. My comp for him was Jay Cutler and I'll stick with that 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@JR44 said:
He is impressive spinning the ball. Can make all the throws. My comp for him was Jay Cutler and I'll stick with that 
Interesting comp.  What brand does Levis smoke?