Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this team really need a Kirk Cousins?
Kook will be gone in 3 months and we will be on the hook for his 2024 payment with no compensation for a starting QB (Big Brain Kwesi!).  He will never elevate a team to be a champion.  He has had a top 3 duo of WR's every year here.  He had a top 5 RB for 5 years here.  He's had good to great TE seasons here (Rudy, TJ).  He even had a top 10 defense twice here.  We drafted 4 OL in the top 2 rounds, 1 OG in the 3rd to protect him.  We signed his best man to play guard.  Multiple OCs, a young Offensive minded head coach for him.

All of that, 1 playoff win.

He is a stat filling robot with zero feel for the game who has been a mercenary with his contract and no trade clause.  He's getting older, slower, and less reliable.

We have 2 WINS this season.   2 vs two of the worst teams in the league.  

I have a hard time believing that Jared Hall or Nick Mullens wouldn't be that much worse than 2 wins at this point.  He's not taking this franchise anywhere.

GET OFF THE COUSINS RIDE.  GOOD RIDDANCE

2024 Any Rookie But Kirk

Vikings may move on from Cousins this offseason. Too early to say. But I really can't believe there are people who still think that a mid-season trade of a QB is a possibility. It's not. For about a dozen reasons. 

If I am an owner in the NFL and my GM trades for Cousins, he would be fired that day.

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
If I am an owner in the NFL and my GM trades for Cousins, he would be fired that day.
In the middle of season? Yeah, I would fire both of the GMs. For the seller, you're not going to get full return because he's not going to come in, learn the offense and get in sync with his receivers in time to help the team he's going to. And for the buyer, see above. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"FLVike" said:
In the middle of season? Yeah, I would fire both of the GMs. For the seller, you're not going to get full return because he's not going to come in, learn the offense and get in sync with his receivers in time to help the team he's going to. And for the buyer, see above. 
if you are the Vikings,  who have no hopes this year,  need to get off the Kirk the Merc train after this year anyway,  and somebody wants to give you day 1 or 2 draft pick to get Kirk in house to try and salvage a division title... who cares?  you take that shit and run.  Its not like this team is suddenly going to turn a corner this year.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"FLVike" said:
if you are the Vikings,  who have no hopes this year,  need to get off the Kirk the Merc train after this year anyway,  and somebody wants to give you day 1 or 2 draft pick to get Kirk in house to try and salvage a division title... who cares?  you take that shit and run.  Its not like this team is suddenly going to turn a corner this year.
Just a few problems with that. Uno, the Vikings aren't going to trade him for the reasons above. Dos, no team is going to trade for him for the reasons above. Tres, Justin Jefferson. And catorce, Cousins isn't going to waive his NTC in the middle of the freaking year to go to a one-QB-away team. Is there such a thing? Has there ever been such a thing? I mean, c'mon people. Be somewhat realistic.

And yes, while I do think the Vikings draft a QB this offseason, it does not necessarily mean Cousins is gone. Maybe. Just have to see how the rest of the year plays out. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"FLVike" said:
Just a few problems with that. Uno, the Vikings aren't going to trade him for the reasons above. Dos, no team is going to trade for him for the reasons above. Tres, Justin Jefferson. And catorce, Cousins isn't going to waive his NTC in the middle of the freaking year to go to a one-QB-away team. Is there such a thing? Has there ever been such a thing? I mean, c'mon people. Be somewhat realistic.

And yes, while I do think the Vikings draft a QB this offseason, it does not necessarily mean Cousins is gone. Maybe. Just have to see how the rest of the year plays out. 
WHAT reasons above?  they arent a competitive team with him at the helm,  what the hell are you expecting to happen,  they lose?  guess what,  they are already doing that more often than not.  which is why the team would  be smart to take an offer if it comes along,  nobody has done anything until somebody does it.  and if you are  right, and nobody makes trade offers,  then why do you feel the need to get so defensive of the notion?   Also,   KC would likely be willing to waive the NTC in a hearbeat for a team willing to pay him what he wants on a contract extension with any trade deal, which is exactly what any team giving up an early round pick would demand to do such a deal.

Well another reason is our GM gave him 35 mil to play this season so if they trade him then that may look like another strike against him. How many does he get anyway?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"FLVike" said:

WHAT reasons above?  they arent a competitive team with him at the helm,  what the hell are you expecting to happen,  they lose?  guess what,  they are already doing that more often than not.  which is why the team would  be smart to take an offer if it comes along,  nobody has done anything until somebody does it.  and if you are  right, and nobody makes trade offers,  then why do you feel the need to get so defensive of the notion?   Also,   KC would likely be willing to waive the NTC in a hearbeat for a team willing to pay him what he wants on a contract extension with any trade deal, which is exactly what any team giving up an early round pick would demand to do such a deal.
Let's forget about the JJ factor and Kirk's NTC. QBs don't get traded mid-year because it takes a full offseason to learn an offense. He would be of no help to anyone.  I can't believe you're still holding on to this.