Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this team really need a Kirk Cousins?
Kirk does hasn't lost any games for the team this year is the familiar narrative.  But what did Cousins do in this game against probably on of the worst 2 teams in the league to contribute anything to a win that any rookie/journeyman QB couldn't do?!  

To me it appears quite obvious this team does not need a Kirk Cousins but it does need a lot of other players at multiple position groups that can't be gotten with a Cousins on their team. IMO.

Makes you yearn for the days of Joe Webb, Spergon Wynn, Ron VanderKelen and Gary Cuozzo, huh......

The answer to the question above is; Nothing, absolutely nothing.
I would also substitute "rookie/journeyman QB" with "any kid at any local park".

you have no idea how bad things are going to be after Kirk

If they want to win games they do, today was probably Cousins worst game of the year, but other than today he has been the biggest asset we have to winning games.  Take him off the team and I don't think we would win another game. 

Like a hunter need a clarinet?

Quote: @"rf54" said:
Oh Ive lived it, I know...Just hoping the football gods give us a little luck if we draft one next year. 

Maybe not, but a team that does is Atlanta. Ridder is awful. 3 INT's today and his last pick in the endzone was atrocious. That Falcons squad probably wins the division with competent quarterback play.

Quote: @"rf54" said:
Aint that fucking good with him.  We've been trying to build around him since he got here and its just not happening,   its always something.  He's not a bad QB and he's an excellent passer,  but the game is evolving and his style is getting left behind.  Standing in a pocket and waiting for something to come open just doesn't work anymore,  a half way mobile QB with Cousins arm talent hangs 40 on the bears today.  Kirks offense struggled to get first downs let alone points.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
If they want to win games they do, today was probably Cousins worst game of the year, but other than today he has been the biggest asset we have to winning games.  Take him off the team and I don't think we would win another game. 
At the bold
I thought many said that after the Panthers game?