Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don’t look now, Ingram overall 64 grade from PFF
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Even though I'm down on Ingram, I'm always rooting for him. He's the kind of OG we haven't had in awhile physically: strong, tough minded, athletic and gets after it in the run game. He does try hard in pass protection, but he's still a liability. 
He hustled for the tackle after his guy hit Cousins arm causing that floater INT.

Chris Jones might have 4 sacks on Sunday.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
So a 64 score isn't or is good?  I have no idea what that number means, so a PFF grade means very little to me.

Probably can't expect him to play as well against Chris Jones. 
We have this issue almost every week. I've mentioned this before, more good DTs in the league now than ever. Ingram got a break in the DT department against Carolina, did better but still got handled a few times. First week it was Vea...than Jalen Carter.....than Joseph-Day has a better day than he should have. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Cleveland might also want to play OT instead of Guard, so if an opportunity presents itself on the market he might be gone with the wind.
agreed. Cleveland is going to get paid mid career starter money somewhere 
According to Wolfsen as of today there is "no traction" on any contract extension talks with Ezra Cleveland. Also reported the Vikings made him available for trade this offseason but no trade was close, however talks could heat up prior to the trade deadline.

So there's your answer on Risner. If things continue to go south and Cleveland is traded, Risner slides in at his normal keft guard position 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Cleveland might also want to play OT instead of Guard, so if an opportunity presents itself on the market he might be gone with the wind.
I saw that he wants to play tackle too, perhaps that’s why we never heard of any extension talks…

@MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
So a 64 score isn't or is good?  I have no idea what that number means, so a PFF grade means very little to me.

We have this issue almost every week. I've mentioned this before, more good DTs in the league now than ever. Ingram got a break in the DT department against Carolina, did better but still got handled a few times. First week it was Vea...than Jalen Carter.....than Joseph-Day has a better day than he should have. 
the vikings are the team that others get a break from the good DTs.

@MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:

Most teams have this issue every week. As you say, there are more good DTs in the league than ever. Pass rushers always have and always will be ahead of offensive lines. And every one them, from All Pros to Ed Ingram get beat. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:

Most teams have this issue every week. As you say, there are more good DTs in the league than ever. Pass rushers always have and always will be ahead of offensive lines. And every one them, from All Pros to Ed Ingram get beat. 
....yet Ed gets beat a ton more than most in the passing game. We'll see, he's got Chris Jones on deck. At least be a speed bump. Most don't have one of the worst pass protecting OGs in the NFL.