Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don’t look now, Ingram overall 64 grade from PFF
Thoughts?

Risner will probably still be taking more reps this week with the first team...

So he is improving?

Quote: @greediron said:
So he is improving?
There was really only one direction to go, right?

Actually, I shouldn't tempt fate like that.

I didn't get to watch the game.  Apparently, some drunk a$$hat hit a transformer in my area, and power was out in every sports bar I knew of.  Came home and had to settle for Red Zone, which was a festival of pain for the most part.

I hope he truly does improve, and tons.  I hope all the time/energy/faith invested pays off handsomely.  I'd LOVE to see the interior of the line become as consistent as the tackles...because that, by itself, would halve our turnovers.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@greediron said:
So he is improving?
There was really only one direction to go, right?

Actually, I shouldn't tempt fate like that.

I didn't get to watch the game.  Apparently, some drunk a$$hat hit a transformer in my area, and power was out in every sports bar I knew of.  Came home and had to settle for Red Zone, which was a festival of pain for the most part.

I hope he truly does improve, and tons.  I hope all the time/energy/faith invested pays off handsomely.  I'd LOVE to see the interior of the line become as consistent as the tackles...because that, by itself, would halve our turnovers.
Cleveland has been really good this year,  again according to PFF, with a 74 grade.  Sounds like PFF thinks we will be damn good once we cut out the turnovers.  Doesnt seem PFF takes into account situational in these grades cause we have not been good on 3rd down, red zone, penalties and obviously turnovers. 

Quote: @greediron said:
So he is improving?
Apparently. I still think we should replace him with Risner. As I said in another post, I'd take the run hit to improve the pass pro. The good thing is that Ingram could actually be a half decent guard next year. 

A little context. As bad as Ingram appears to be. There are 53 guards in the NFL who are playing worse. 

Vikings OL Rankings,
per PFF,
per Position,
thru Week 4:

Christian Darrisaw = 19th (of 69)

Ezra Cleveland = 13th (of 76)

Austin Schlottmann = 12th (of 36)

Ed Ingram = 23rd (of 76)

Brian O'Neill = 5th (of 69)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
A little context. As bad as Ingram appears to be. There are 53 guards in the NFL who are playing worse. 

Vikings OL Rankings,
per PFF,
per Position,
thru Week 4:

Christian Darrisaw = 19th (of 69)

Ezra Cleveland = 13th (of 76)

Austin Schlottmann = 12th (of 36)

Ed Ingram = 23rd (of 76)

Brian O'Neill = 5th (of 69)
Right. 23rd out of 64 starting guards, sounds well above average 

Kinda meaningless without the pass run split (which is paywalled so I don't have it for this week).  He's typically high run block grade, low pass block grade.  He's getting Kirk murdered in the passing game.

It is painfully obvious every week where the issue is on the OL, not sure how much longer Cousins needs to get hammered.