Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
here, lets lighten the mood @ 0/3
Quote: @minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:
@minny65 said:
@1VikesFan said:
Never been a TS fan and it was really irritating seeing her so much. However I mute the games so I didn't hear the old guys fawning over her...thankfully so
Don't get the hype of TS either and would not be able to tell you one song.   But the parents of the youngins are paying like a grand for a ticket which is crazy.  I guess our economy is fine.  

Aftermarket tickets at the shows near me were $2K+ for upper deck. She's huge. It was wild.
I have neighbors up the street that went twice (4 of them) and have the pics all over social media to prove it (my wife tells me I am not on social).  We complain about this next generation and then we buy about 5K in concert tickets.  We spoil our kids and then act shocked that our kids are spoiled and aren't willing to work for anything Smile  We created a lot of this mess along with social media.  OK, Jumping off soap box!
Its just the truth. Parents created this. Kids don't want to get driver's licenses....yeah, no shit. Why would they when Mommy and Daddy are chauffeurs? Anywhere at anytime. Why work when the parents give them their credit cards? A friend of ours also had her daughter go see TS twice: once in Chicago and then 45 days later here locally in West Palm Beach. TWICE. And she's so spoiled and her Mom wonders why she doesn't appreciate anything. Riiiiiight.

p.s. It was Lana Del Ray, not Taylor Swift. Still applies.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:
@minny65 said:
@1VikesFan said:
Never been a TS fan and it was really irritating seeing her so much. However I mute the games so I didn't hear the old guys fawning over her...thankfully so
Don't get the hype of TS either and would not be able to tell you one song.   But the parents of the youngins are paying like a grand for a ticket which is crazy.  I guess our economy is fine.  

Aftermarket tickets at the shows near me were $2K+ for upper deck. She's huge. It was wild.
I have neighbors up the street that went twice (4 of them) and have the pics all over social media to prove it (my wife tells me I am not on social).  We complain about this next generation and then we buy about 5K in concert tickets.  We spoil our kids and then act shocked that our kids are spoiled and aren't willing to work for anything Smile  We created a lot of this mess along with social media.  OK, Jumping off soap box!
[Image: UJr.gif]

ive told this story before,  but its pretty fitting here.  about 5 years ago, a 20s employee was on a long road trip with his boss and couple other employees ( all  late 40s early 50s )  and the subject of the younger generations deficiencies came up,  they 20s guy is a good worker so they werent taking shots at him,  but there is no arguing that there is a decline in coming generations as a whole, anyway as they talked about all these matters,  of course somebody brought up participation trophies and other meaningless no child left behind awards at which the 20s guy chirped up from the  backseat....  "well we didnt give those awards to ourselves,  who is really responsible for the failures of the younger generations"    game set match... right there!!!

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:
@minny65 said:
@1VikesFan said:

ive told this story before,  but its pretty fitting here.  about 5 years ago, a 20s employee was on a long road trip with his boss and couple other employees ( all  late 40s early 50s )  and the subject of the younger generations deficiencies came up,  they 20s guy is a good worker so they werent taking shots at him,  but there is no arguing that there is a decline in coming generations as a whole, anyway as they talked about all these matters,  of course somebody brought up participation trophies and other meaningless no child left behind awards at which the 20s guy chirped up from the  backseat....  "well we didnt give those awards to ourselves,  who is really responsible for the failures of the younger generations"    game set match... right there!!!
I’m of the “younger generation” kinda, but I agree with the sentiment. There are some people who simply don’t want to work.

A brand I do marketing for hired a delivery driver a few months back. Easiest job in the world. Drive around all day, punch the clock, do some pickups, some deliveries, listen to music or podcasts in the car, and call it a day. He quit after the first morning citing mental health reasons.

This is certainly not everyone but there is a sect of people who want to live without working. Not sure how they think that works but maybe Uncle Sam will pick them up? Idk. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:
@minny65 said:
@1VikesFan said:

I’m of the “younger generation” kinda, but I agree with the sentiment. There are some people who simply don’t want to work.

A brand I do marketing for hired a delivery driver a few months back. Easiest job in the world. Drive around all day, punch the clock, do some pickups, some deliveries, listen to music or podcasts in the car, and call it a day. He quit after the first morning citing mental health reasons.

This is certainly not everyone but there is a sect of people who want to live without working. Not sure how they think that works but maybe Uncle Sam will pick them up? Idk. 
Or Mommy, Daddy, Grandma or Grandpa and last but not least an Uncle named Sam Smile

She also shit canned her entire Nashville crew when she jumped from country-ish to only pop.  Shit canned everyone who got her in a position to do what she does.  I DJ weddings for people we know.  Its right in my 1/2 a napkin contract that I do NOT play Taylor Swift. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
She also shit canned her entire Nashville crew when she jumped from country-ish to only pop.  Shit canned everyone who got her in a position to do what she does.  I DJ weddings for people we know.  Its right in my 1/2 a napkin contract that I do NOT play Taylor Swift. 
Dude.....wrong answer....

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music...234799207/

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

isnt that her current tour?  he was referencing her dumping her former tour people,  not her current ones,  I think?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Yeah, for her current staff.  Not all the underlings that got her where she is today.  Remember her being in a pissing match about who "owned" her music about 5-7 years ago?  Turns out the people she call predatory who stuck a shitload of money, time, effort into getting her where she is today owned her music.  Just like any other artist that signs on the dotted line. 

It would be no different if Kirk Cousins signed a contract that was negotiated out by his agent and then skipped town on actually paying his agent. 

She can rot for all I care. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Yeah, for her current staff.  Not all the underlings that got her where she is today.  Remember her being in a pissing match about who "owned" her music about 5-7 years ago?  Turns out the people she call predatory who stuck a shitload of money, time, effort into getting her where she is today owned her music.  Just like any other artist that signs on the dotted line. 

It would be no different if Kirk Cousins signed a contract that was negotiated out by his agent and then skipped town on actually paying his agent. 

She can rot for all I care. 
if they contractually own her music,  how can she still perform that music without compensating them?  I have my doubts that they got nothing on her climb to the top,  or that she actually has the ability to withhold royalties owed to them.   I dont doubt that she is less than she pretends to be,  and is most certainly a huge diva,  but I doubt she has the business or legal savvy to pull off something like you suggest without some high priced lawyers kicking the shit out of her.