Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC owns it
Quote: @pattersaur said:
I still like KO and think he needs a lot more time and the chance to get “his own” QB, but yeah that was a mess late. It was a no-brainer spike situation. Everyone on and off the field involved is to blame for that bungling.
I still like KO and think he needs a lot more time and the chance to get “his own” QB, but yeah that was a mess late. It was a no-brainer spike situation. Everyone on and off the field involved is to blame for that bungling.
We had a QB throw  for 346 yds. We had receivers drop at least 3 balls that could have won or set up the win. Getting the top QB in next yrs. draft isn't going to fix what ails this franchise. We have a shitty D-line, shitty LBer's, marginal DB's, a shitty O-line, and marginal RB's. Other than that everything's swell.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@pattersaur said:
We had a QB throw  for 346 yds. We had receivers drop at least 3 balls that could have won or set up the win. Getting the top QB in next yrs. draft isn't going to fix what ails this franchise. We have a shitty D-line, shitty LBer's, marginal DB's, a shitty O-line, and marginal RB's. Other than that everything's swell.
no, but qbotf is a necessity. I am hoping the trenches can get addressed (well) in FA now that they have made some cap improvements in 23. 

IOW, I want my cake and I want to eat it too.

"Maybe next year" is a longtime truism for Viking fans.  Sad to fall back on the old truism so early. "Maybe next year" but the last 56 years of fandom have clearly established a identifiable trend, nope, not next year either.  Oh well, enjoy the Vikes and expect nothing. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@pattersaur said:
no, but qbotf is a necessity. I am hoping the trenches can get addressed (well) in FA now that they have made some cap improvements in 23. 

We could have addressed the offensive line in the draft and in FA this year in a much more serious way. Instead of taking a flyer on a QB in the 5th round we passed on the Rimington Award winner Center . We also passed on Chandler Zavala in the same 5th rd. who's the starting LG for the Panthers. Still not convinced Addison was the right pick in rd.1 given our DE/LBer situation.

This team goes out of its way to ignore its basic deficiencies. 

@purplefaithful said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@pattersaur said:

We could have addressed the offensive line in the draft and in FA this year in a much more serious way. Instead of taking a flyer on a QB in the 5th round we passed on the Rimington Award winner Center . We also passed on Chandler Zavala in the same 5th rd. who's the starting LG for the Panthers. Still not convinced Addison was the right pick in rd.1 given our DE/LBer situation.

DT forever.

KOC is headed for Les Frazierville - every presser will be about taking blame and "correcting the mistakes".  

@purplefaithful said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@pattersaur said:

They didn't just start doing this.  It's been going on for years.

Quote: @comet52 said:
KOC is headed for Les Frazierville - every presser will be about taking blame and "correcting the mistakes".  
Once he starts saying he'll need to "go back and look at the tape" he'll have solidified himself to Frazierville

Quote: @comet52 said:

What would you like to say? 

a 35 year old NFL QB thats been starting for as long as Kirk has,  zero damn excuses, you dont need a coach to call in the clock play,  in fact that should have been relayed in the previous huddle,  if the clock is running we are going to spike it so move your ass.   KOC can take the blame too for not having that in his previous call,  but regardless,  the situation was what it was and there was only 1 right thing to do there and that was to get set fast and stop the clock with a quick spike.