Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One to watch...
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@kmillard said:
That's a good call. I am also curious to watch how Sanders (Prime times kid) does with Colorado this year.
Had a hell of a first game in an upset win at TCU. Set a Colorado passing record: 510 yards, 4 TD's/0 INT'S
Watched the whole game, he was outstanding. What a debut in big time CFB for Coach Prime.

Quote: @kmillard said:
That's a good call. I am also curious to watch how Sanders (Prime times kid) does with Colorado this year.
Nice call out, he was amazing yesterday. Definitely has talent to be considered a NFL QB.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
I hesitate to post this because the same was said at this time last year & it didn't materialize, but the crop of talented QBs that will be available in next year's draft is impressive. In addition to Williams, Maye & those mentioned in this thread you have:
JJ McCarthy, MichiganBo Nix, OregonMichael Penix, WashingtonQuinn Ewers, TexasJordan Travis, FSU
Some of these guys will regress or get injured this season which will affect their draft status, but as of today I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them drafted in the first round next year.
It looks like there's going to be a damn good draft for QB next year, at first glance. In an ideal world the Vikings could re-sign Kirk to a short deal while drafting one of these guys to develop behind him and eventually take over.

It'll be interesting to see this year play out and how the team approaches the draft.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
Nice call out, he was amazing yesterday. Definitely has talent to be considered a NFL QB.
The comments he made about his coach being a perfectionist, having succeeded at all levels, and also being his Dad were interesting.  One game, particularly under such a microscope, does not make for a season, but let's see if he can perform against four currently ranked teams the remainder of this season (currently: Oregon #15, USC #6, Oregon State #18 and Utah #14).  After running that gauntlet, we can have a more insightful conversation. 

I also realize that while TCU was in the National Championship game last year, that makes for a good storyline, but it's not the same team as 8 players were drafted into the NFL.  And Coach Prime has some major work to do with his defense.  Too many big plays given up.

While we can all be optimistic and pulling for the kid (actually, take your pick here...QB Shadeur or two-way star Hunter, aka HIM), to keep going, good defenses are going to figure out a way to shut Sanders down.  But I for one will certainly be watching closely, if for no other reason than this Buffaloes team is certainly going to be entertaining.