Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One to watch...

This is a kid who could really rocket up draft boards. Arm strength is insane. 6'5"/245 transfer from Michigan. Won the job last season, got hurt, lost the job to Hendon Hooker, then back as the starter after Hooker tore up his knee. Finished the season with 10 TD's, 0 INT's and was named the Orange Bowl MVP. Has reportedly improved by leaps and bounds this offseason in his overall game. 

Vikings need a QB...this is a kid to watch with college football just around the corner 

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up on draft boards.  Loads of talent and could be a guy that the Vikings could realistically have a shot at if we're drafting in the 20s.

That's a good call. I am also curious to watch how Sanders (Prime times kid) does with Colorado this year.

Quote: @kmillard said:
That's a good call. I am also curious to watch how Sanders (Prime times kid) does with Colorado this year.
Same, he's got a lot of talent 

He's a physical marvel. They love him in Tennessee. But he'll have some real question marks as well, the top being if he's NFL QB material. But he's just like Anthony Richardson physically. Guys are so wide open in college compared to pro, lol. That highlight reel is full of throws to wide open dudes.

Quote: @kmillard said:
I think he was a 3 star H.S. recruit. On the small side. Good athletic skills. He's been rated a higher transfer prospect, which shows he's improved. Good football I.Q. As you mention, big year for him this year to see what's what.

Looks like a chicken vs the egg argument.  He has all day to throw and his WR's are wide open.  Is he good?  Or is the system he's playing in creating an environment that wont exist in the NFL?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Looks like a chicken vs the egg argument.  He has all day to throw and his WR's are wide open.  Is he good?  Or is the system he's playing in creating an environment that wont exist in the NFL?
I think we will know a lot more with a full season under his belt just how developed he is, but the physical skillset is outstanding. Heisman candidate for sure and like I said, one to watch as someone who could come into play as a QB prospect for us 

last time i saw a highlight reel for a QB throwing to receivers as wide open as some of those was on trey lances tape,  however those receivers were that open because Lance was a run first guy that was so much a threat that people forced him to beat them with his arm,  this kid shows comfort in the pocket like Cousins ( not sure yet if that is a good or bad thing, but damn he stood tall in there on some of those throws, ( almost like brady on a couple the way he stood so straight up and then flicked the ball away right before things got rough)  I would like to see that he can manipulate the rush with his legs in the pocket ( like Brady ) and then also use them to extend plays behind the LOS,  or tuck it and take what the D gives them if they overplay the pass.