Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KAM's Strategy
He seems to be a bargain shopper and is getting the Vikings out of cap hell while trying to remain competitive.
He seems to want to see how things shake out a bit before locking down the future core of the team. Hard to be patient as a fan, but I'm good with that.
The tight cap he inherited may have forced him to be a bargain hunter in free agency, but I'm not sure drafting for value is the best strategy. 
My thought is he will be drafting the QBOTF next year and will be acquiring draft capitol to do so. I also expect him to start signing some of those listed above soon but several will move on. The team is going to get younger.
Truth is, nobody knows what he is doing and it's all speculation. Seems a bit premature to judge a man who's own critics say, hasn't played with his own players yet. It's about wins and losses. I'll wait and see how that goes.

First part was the clean up from the previous regime and next it's plugging in players and evaluating. Yes there was some luck last year but no one had a first year head coach winning 13 games. And yes indeed there were some mistakes along the way, as with other coaches and GM's as well. They could have tanked last year but that was not the plan. It is a process and that takes time. No one wants to hear that, I do get that but here we are. Obviously there are issues on defense. And hopefully they are going in the right direction with Flores. But again guys will have to play together and develop. Hoping for more hits than misses but again time will tell. They will keep tweaking things until the parts fit the way they want 

22 Draft - TBD

Coaching Staff Improvement - Check
Improved Culture in Eagan - Check
Winning Record Improvement - Check
Division Title Crown - Check
Older, inflated salaries gone - Check

Why is this even a debate yet? 

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Greylock said:
@JR44 said:
I think the issue when you hire a guy who had absolutely no GM experience before this position is that he is going to be figuring it out as he goes along.  I think this franchise deserved better and there was better available.  Now we have to hope he figures it out. 
So based on your thinking we should have hired a GM with experience.  But wouldn't it be that if a GM with experience was available most likely he would have been fired by his previous team?  Which would mean he sucked at his previous GM position, but hey lets hire the guy anyway because he has experience.

Another dump on Kwesi post.  Everybody on this board knows how each poster feels about him and seem to take every chance they get to let us all know he sucks.

The truth is there were better candidates, there were many former and assistant GMs who were available who were much more qualified.  But apparently no one is allowed to express their own opinion on a message board unless it is in line with the very vocal majority here, noted.  
Can we talk about those better candidates? Just curious who you're referring to. 

Everyone is welcome to express a belief contrary to popular opinion about Kwesi. But when that belief colors every post about every decision the GM makes, it becomes an agenda and impossible to take seriously. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:
@Greylock said:
@JR44 said:
I think the issue when you hire a guy who had absolutely no GM experience before this position is that he is going to be figuring it out as he goes along.  I think this franchise deserved better and there was better available.  Now we have to hope he figures it out. 
So based on your thinking we should have hired a GM with experience.  But wouldn't it be that if a GM with experience was available most likely he would have been fired by his previous team?  Which would mean he sucked at his previous GM position, but hey lets hire the guy anyway because he has experience.

Another dump on Kwesi post.  Everybody on this board knows how each poster feels about him and seem to take every chance they get to let us all know he sucks.

The truth is there were better candidates, there were many former and assistant GMs who were available who were much more qualified.  But apparently no one is allowed to express their own opinion on a message board unless it is in line with the very vocal majority here, noted.  
Can we talk about those better candidates? Just curious who you're referring to. 

Everyone is welcome to express a belief contrary to popular opinion about Kwesi. But when that belief colors every post about every decision the GM makes, it becomes an agenda and impossible to take seriously. 
This.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:
@Greylock said:
@JR44 said:

Here are two candidates who had spent their entire careers in Player Personnel who were passed over for an analytics guy with no player personnel experience. 

Monti Ossenfort was Director of Personnel for the Titans when he interviewed, prior to that he worked for Bellichick and the Patriots for 14 years as Director of College Scouting and a Scout, he started back in 2004 as a scout for the Texans and had ties to the Vikings beginning his career here as an intern in 2001.

John Spytek was VP of Player Personnel for the Super Bowl champs Bucs when he interviewed, prior to that he was the Director of Player Personnel for the Bucs, Director of Scouting for the Browns, National Scout for Broncos and a Scout for the Eagles.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2022/1/14/...candidates

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
22 Draft - TBD

Coaching Staff Improvement - Check
Improved Culture in Eagan - Check
Winning Record Improvement - Check
Division Title Crown - Check
Older, inflated salaries gone - Check

Why is this even a debate yet? 

This is good. I like KAM and OC. What I am shaking my head at and will never understand is allowing a division rival to move up 20 spots in the first round of the draft for very little. If I mention we should move up only 10 spots in the first round people would call me crazy because it would cost too much.Question: How can a team move up 20 spots in the first round of the draft without giving up an additional first round pick?Answer: It is impossible.

The Vikings interviewed both of them and went a different direction 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@medaille said:
I don’t think we can really say what his strategy is, as we
haven’t really seen him build anything or commit to guys to determine what he
likes.  He’s pretty much just been
eliminating players and bringing in 1 year bandaids to maintain the competitive
rebuild.  
This. The guy hasn't had any room to breath. Let's give the guy some time. I've never seen a fanbase more dubious of someone after a 13 win season, lol. 
It's because he was a dubious hire to begin with....
lol, no he wasn't. At all. Just to you possibly. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:
@Greylock said:
@JR44 said:

Here are two candidates who had spent their entire careers in Player Personnel who were passed over for an analytics guy with no player personnel experience. 

Monti Ossenfort was Director of Personnel for the Titans when he interviewed, prior to that he worked for Bellichick and the Patriots for 14 years as Director of College Scouting and a Scout, he started back in 2004 as a scout for the Texans and had ties to the Vikings beginning his career here as an intern in 2001.

John Spytek was VP of Player Personnel for the Super Bowl champs Bucs when he interviewed, prior to that he was the Director of Player Personnel for the Bucs, Director of Scouting for the Browns, National Scout for Broncos and a Scout for the Eagles.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2022/1/14/...candidates

I don't see anyone on that list whose experience screams "more qualified" than Kwesi, who spent 9 years in NFL front offices. Yes, his work was more cap, contract and analytics focused than some of the player personnel types, but that is the trend in the NFL. Vikings clearly wanted to go in that direction. And as I've said all along, I believe in that direction. I think in 10 years, most NFL GMs are going to be analytics guys. Because you should be able to cover your personnel needs with your college and pro scouting staffs.