Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KAM's Strategy
We have lots of players scheduled to be FA after this year. JJ next contract seems like it would be cheaper to do now then in the future.

Several of these dudes are replaceable but not all..

What analytics is going on here?

FA after this year
Kirk 
Hock
Davenport
Hunter
Hicks 
Reagor 
Blacklock 
Cleveland 
Reed 
Wonnum
Lynch
Dye
Osborn 
Udoh
Joseph
Metellus
Then dozen or more players of guys just trying to make the team

We have lots of money to spend, especially if they roll out a rookie at QB, but not many picks. Quite a bit of the cheese will need to go to the front 7 with Hunter, Davenport, and Hicks all being FAs. Hicks will be 32 next year so I doubt he's in the plans. The other two I could see return if they have good years. If Pace and Asamoah are for real that will help tremendously but the DL will still need investment.

As for the offense, re-sign Hock of course but RG and LG will need some love too unless Ingram somehow takes a big leap forward. If KJ and Addison both have good years I bet KJO will get paid nicely somewhere else.

I don’t think we can really say what his strategy is, as we
haven’t really seen him build anything or commit to guys to determine what he
likes.  He’s pretty much just been
eliminating players and bringing in 1 year bandaids to maintain the competitive
rebuild.  I think the only thing that
really stands out is his willingness to keep bringing in failed high draft
picks and hoping that we can get more out of them.
Like if I had to guess for a strategy, it would
be not committing to guys long term, always be rotating guys in and out so that
you’re buying low and hoping to get more out of them.

I'm wondering if they are clearing all this cap room to give themselves the option next year to take on a large quarterback contract vis trade if they aren't positioned to take someone in the draft. I know a lot of people would not be in favor of this but Kyler Murray is a name I've heard as a potential target, or dare I say it....Aaron Rodgers. I think it's all about options at this point with the focus being the quarterback position..

But yeah we have holes to fill and positions that need upgrading. This year is going to be a lot about finding out which players from our last two drafts can step up and be impact players. 

Quote: @medaille said:
rebuild.  
This. The guy hasn't had any room to breath. Let's give the guy some time. I've never seen a fanbase more dubious of someone after a 13 win season, lol. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@medaille said:
rebuild.  
This. The guy hasn't had any room to breath. Let's give the guy some time. I've never seen a fanbase more dubious of someone after a 13 win season, lol. 
It's because he was a dubious hire to begin with and the 13 wins were won on the backs of Spielman and Zimmers players. Jury's still out on what he can really do but as a lifelong fan who's never seen a Super Bowl, I hope we don't waste another 4, 5, 6 years before finding out he really isn't the smartest guy in the room. This year will be telling..

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@medaille said:
rebuild.  
It's because he was a dubious hire to begin with and the 13 wins were won on the backs of Spielman and Zimmers players. Jury's still out on what he can really do but as a lifelong fan who's never seen a Super Bowl, I hope we don't waste another 4, 5, 6 years before finding out he really isn't the smartest guy in the room. This year will be telling..
I think almost by definition, this year won’t be telling,
because this is our sacrifice year where we are building our cap future.

Quote: @medaille said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@medaille said:
rebuild.  
I think almost by definition, this year won’t be telling,
because this is our sacrifice year where we are building our cap future.

It will be telling from the perspective of how many "Kwesi guys" are going to turn out to be players for us? Right now 2022 isn't looking good. We'll see on 2023. He's had two drafts under his belt. What's there to show for it at the end of this season 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I'm wondering if they are clearing all this cap room to give themselves the option next year to take on a large quarterback contract vis trade if they aren't positioned to take someone in the draft. I know a lot of people would not be in favor of this but Kyler Murray is a name I've heard as a potential target, or dare I say it....Aaron Rodgers. I think it's all about options at this point with the focus being the quarterback position..

But yeah we have holes to fill and positions that need upgrading. This year is going to be a lot about finding out which players from our last two drafts can step up and be impact players. 
If this team is so scared or unwilling to draft a QB that they trade for a 40-year old Aaron Rodgers I might actually hurl. I do not see that happening. It's debatable whether or not the guy we have now is better than current form Rodgers.

I think the issue when you hire a guy who had absolutely no GM experience before this position is that he is going to be figuring it out as he goes along.  I think this franchise deserved better and there was better available.  Now we have to hope he figures it out.