Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix 'Untold' Johnny Manziel
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
So newly minted Hall of Fame OT Joe Thomas of the Browns was asked by Dan Patrick when he knew it wasn't going to work with Manziel. He said the first OTAs in the Spring of his rookie year. Manziel showed up for 1 practice and then the team could not FIND HIM. He was on some bender for days in Cleveland somewhere. Never responded to texts or calls. Unbelievable. Don't feel sorry for this guy, he still hasn't learned shit. Thomas also mentioned that they saw quickly that he wasn't anything special physically: small and not incredibly quick. Not a great arm. Traits that don't translate and will be exposed in the NFL. 
Again, how the NFL can miss this badly on a player is beyond me. It's not like there weren't more red flags flying than the Beijing Olympics. These days, to get a job almost everywhere requires 4 to 6 interviews, background checks, references, etc....and this is for jobs making $65K. With as much money at stake as the NFL has, you would think they would do a better job. I really don't understand it. 
And the B side to this LP may just be IPJ...

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Agree.  when it finished up, I was hoping for a happy ending.
Probably should have played for the Patriots then......