Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix 'Untold' Johnny Manziel
Pretty interesting. How an NFL team drafted him in round 1 considering all the baggage and red flags is beyond ridiculous. This kid never loved football and never worked at it....and was never going to. All this was SO obvious. He still to this day doesn't have a clue about what his future holds. He was very honest during the doc, but I have zero feelings of sympathy for him. His sophomore season in college was so different than his freshman year. 

How franchises worth billions of dollars can get snookered like this is pretty amazing. Merrill Hoge was the only dude saying leading up to the Draft that Manziel would be an absolute bust.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...3832669184

Been seeing a lot of buzz around this doc this week. Is it a digestible 2-hr movie or safe to assume Netflix drug this out into 6-8 episodes like they do all of their documentaries? Honestly asking as I don't know.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Been seeing a lot of buzz around this doc this week. Is it a digestible 2-hr movie or safe to assume Netflix drug this out into 6-8 episodes like they do all of their documentaries? Honestly asking as I don't know.
Its one show, about an hour and 20 minutes. You actually want a little more when its done. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:
Its one show, about an hour and 20 minutes. You actually want a little more when its done. 
Wow! Refreshing. I'll check it out. Thank you.

@pattersaur said:
Agree.  when it finished up, I was hoping for a happy ending.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:
Agree.  when it finished up, I was hoping for a happy ending.
I knew that wasn't coming, but I was hoping for a little more scoop on his professional career....

This review is exactly how I felt about it when it was over. He's still in limbo. I think he's just a tired party boy that doesn't want to work at anything.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/as-document...46416.html

A lot of people enabled his bad behavior but at the end of the day, he is responsible for his actions and actions have consequences. But he didn't have motivation or drive it seems, some things came to him easily and at times he didn't seem to care. He didn't seem to want to work on improving either, guess we'll see what happens next 

This review is exactly how I felt about it when it was over. He's still in limbo. I think he's just a tired party boy that doesn't want to work at anything.

Yea his skill set got him a Heisman as a Freshmen, unbelievable.  Kingsbury talks about how he couldn't get him to do any work and he would show up hungover etc and still play great.

That does not work in the NFL at any position especially QB.   If you watch this show and then you watch what dedication it takes to be a QB in the NFL "Quarterback"  it is obvious he had zero chance to make it.  He did not, and I bet still doesn't, have the work ethic to be the best at anything.  He relied 100% on his God-given talent and it got him so far.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@StickyBun said:

Yea his skill set got him a Heisman as a Freshmen, unbelievable.  Kingsbury talks about how he couldn't get him to do any work and he would show up hungover etc and still play great.

That does not work in the NFL at any position especially QB.   If you watch this show and then you watch what dedication it takes to be a QB in the NFL "Quarterback"  it is obvious he had zero chance to make it.  He did not, and I bet still doesn't, have the work ethic to be the best at anything.  He relied 100% on his God-given talent and it got him so far.  
I still can't believe that billion dollar NFL franchises don't have the resources to discover things like work habits. Those things typically don't improve for athletes when they're suddenly rich and famous.