Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB Ivan Pace Jr.
Man, makes you wonder if he's actually going to crack the starting line-up?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Maybe. Boy, would that be a welcome surprise at a weak position for the Vikings. 

I think he just might. At first, though, he might replace Asamoah until either he or Asamoah can be trusted with the green dot. But I'm looking forward to the day when they start together and we can render Hicks depth. 

Pace has already leapfrogged some veteran backups early in training camp.  I think the team has definitely noticed and will try to push his limits to see how much he can handle.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if ends up getting playing time with the starting defense this season.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Pace has already leapfrogged some veteran backups early in training camp.  I think the team has definitely noticed and will try to push his limits to see how much he can handle.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if ends up getting playing time with the starting defense this season.
It's been a while since we had a linebacker that plays with "INTENSITY"...

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Wetlander said:

Pace's level of intensity is rare. But Asamoah's got that gene too. When they're both ready to start together, the Vikings will really have something.

Hopefully Tonga is ready to live up to his lofty PFF grade. Because the cleaner we can keep those two LBs, the more effective they'll be. 

Has Tonga supplanted Phillips along the idl?

More of a re-alignment...with Tonga assuming the nose tackle position and Phillips moving over to the end position.  probably on passing downs, Phillips will become the nose tackle again.  

Man, the Vikings are weak at DT. They need for Roy to pan out. Tonga is the only true NT I see on the roster that will play. 

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Wetlander said:

Same size as Ed McDaniel who also played with intensity!