Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB Ivan Pace Jr.
Got another shout out from Harrison Smith yesterday. If there's a Mr. Mankato, this is the guy. Stay tuned.

These are his strengths as listed from a NFL.com pre-draft profile:

Strengths
  • Recorded 262 tackles with 34.5 for loss over the last two seasons.
  • Densely bound frame with rare lower-body power.
  • Rare contact balance to withstand force and stay balanced.
  • GPS to reroute and go make the play.
  • Feet and athleticism to slip block seamlessly when needed.
  • Surprisingly effective as a stand-up rusher over the guard.
  • Balances eyes between routes and quarterback in coverage.
  • Possesses the heart of a special teams lion.
[Image: harrison-smith-on-training-camp-live-tod...accbf81a51]

What is the expression?  A bowling ball lined with razor blades?  That's what Ivan Pace Jr is...  he's making an impression. 

Still think it's unlikely he ends up a starter as a rookie, but he'll make the 53 man roster as a special teams guy and may push for some snaps as a situational pass rusher.  Could be our next Adam Thielen on the defensive side where he ends up being a great player for us as an UDFA.

I wonder if teams just forgot about IPJ. I know that sounds ridiculous, because it is. But teams have certain size benchmarks players must meet in order to even be listed on their draft boards. 

Why else do you not take a flyer in the 6th or 7th round on one of the best LBs in the country? Once again, kudos to the Wilfs for opening up the purse strings on two of the best UDFAs in the country. Andre Carter being the other. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I wonder if teams just forgot about IPJ. I know that sounds ridiculous, because it is. But teams have certain size benchmarks players must meet in order to even be listed on their draft boards. 

Why else do you not take a flyer in the 6th or 7th round on one of the best LBs in the country? Once again, kudos to the Wilfs for opening up the purse strings on two of the best UDFAs in the country. Andre Carter being the other. 
Carter is just going to get back on the field this week too. 

He was even getting some 1st team reps alongside Hicks at ILB this week.  Hicks is apparently safe because they want 1 vet out there, but Asamoah may be in a real competition for the other ILB spot.

More on IPJ (for those who can handle it) :-)

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/16889156...49184?s=20

How T F are you a unanimous All American @ LB and go un-drafted? 

NFL can be stoopid and crazy...

Can you imagine getting hit in the shins from this human bowling ball at full speed...?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Yea our owners really want to win and are not shy about shelling out the bucks.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:

Yea our owners really want to win and are not shy about shelling out the bucks.
It's stupid not to IMO. When your payroll is over $200M and the lowest paid player on your roster clears $800K, it's insane to me that more owners don't risk $300K on a couple of UDFA signing bonuses. Austin Ekeler was a UDFA. Shaq Barrett. Adam Thielen. In the past, Warren Moon, Kurt Warner.