Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone started using Threads?
Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
Cmon, is anybody surprised by this in the least?  If people don't see that this is an unholy alliance between the media and the Democrats, they're just lying to themselves.  This is the libtards dream to rule in perpetuity and run this country into the ground while enriching themselves.  And they're having the people that are too stupid to question things do most of their work for the.
Right..... it's just the one shitty party manipulating dumb dumbs via social media platforms and the news media. Couldn't possibly be that neither party really cares about the dumb dumbs acting all tribal about their shitty politicians caring more than the opponents shitty politicians.

If only we had more educated voters with degrees from YouTube University and the college of "I got my masters in politics from the interwebs". 

Quote: @"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
Cmon, is anybody surprised by this in the least?  If people don't see that this is an unholy alliance between the media and the Democrats, they're just lying to themselves.  This is the libtards dream to rule in perpetuity and run this country into the ground while enriching themselves.  And they're having the people that are too stupid to question things do most of their work for the.
Right..... it's just the one shitty party manipulating dumb dumbs via social media platforms and the news media. Couldn't possibly be that neither party really cares about the dumb dumbs acting all tribal about their shitty politicians caring more than the opponents shitty politicians.

If only we had more educated voters with degrees from YouTube University and the college of "I got my masters in politics from the interwebs". 
That’s barely readable.  Enjoy Threads!

@"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:

Appreciate you proving my tribalism point. I make it very clear both parties are garbage and your go to is trying to paint me as a Democrat. Enjoy your evening researching the latest hot topic on 4chan. 

Quote: @"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"Waterboy" said:

Appreciate you proving my tribalism point. I make it very clear both parties are garbage and your go to is trying to paint me as a Democrat. Enjoy your evening researching the latest hot topic on 4chan. 
its real hard to ascertain which party is most threatening to the first two Amendments to the Constitution. Both parties may be garbage but one is the clear and present danger to our fundamental way of life.  

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
well apparently Threads wants to be what Twitter was before it was cleaned up by Elon.

[Image: threads-removed-post-community-guideli8n...C720&ssl=1]

so,  apparently news isnt allowed.

[Image: threads-following-donald-trump-jr.jpg?re...C676&ssl=1]

and you cant think for yourself without being questioned,  but at least they are transparent about the bias.  I would be curious if somebody tried following some of those from the other side of the coin who play fast and loose with the truth if they are warned about their reliability?
Lies are poison to democracy, no matter who is telling them. 
What makes you think “Lies are poison to democracy”?  I think if you were to say something like
that, the next logical solution is that “We need to stop the liars from lying,
so we’re going to make a Ministry of Truth which if not corrupted will let us
know who’s lying, but which in actuality will be run by the liars, because we
all know politicians are habitual liars, and it will actually prevent the truth-tellers
from telling the truth, rather than the liars from lying.

For me, I just don’t think you can outsource truth-seeking
into one singular group, because even if you start out with a perfect
trustworthy group, it’s not that hard to corrupt them.  You can take away their livelihood.  You can threaten their families.  You can offer them a ton of money.  There’s just so many options for them to fall
from grace.

I don’t think that “Lies are the poison to democracy” as
much as they are an inherent part of it, and more than anything, It’s not the
lie that’s the problem, it’s the actions that are the problem.  If we had a functioning media, they would
highlight the corruption and we would vote out the bad actors.  I think one tenant keeps coming up and that
has to do with Centralizing Power.  Centralizing
power makes systems easily corruptible.  So
while I don’t think it’s possible for Meta, to in good faith, act as a singular
Ministry of Truth, I do think there’s room for an ecosystem where many separate
organizations all act to highlight the truth because those that act in bad
faith are repeatedly shown for who they are and lose credibility in the market,
and I think that this pressure can provide us with the effect we’re looking
for.

I also think we have to be much more cognizant, not of lies,
but of missed opportunities to tell important facts.  If liberal rags are missing key facts that
conservatives are bringing up, and vice versa, somehow that has to be made
visible to us.

well I think Meddie, you are overthinking it. A lie is evil, plain and simple. Human nature is not deception, its a product of what we are capable of, the limitations of our ability to communicate,  coupled with power lust and freedom.  

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Threads surpassed 100 million users this weekend, less than a week after it launched, Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced Monday, marking a staggering feat for any social network and one that puts it on pace to rapidly pass Twitter’s audience size. 
is that like the millions of "users" that twitter claimed until Musk was able to determine that a huge majority of those were bots or duplicate accounts and not actual individuals using the service?  I am sure people are signing up,  but aside from this place i am not hearing any buzz about Threads,  except the jokes about how zuckerberg stole another idea and is selling it off as his own concept.

Cmon, is anybody surprised by this in the least?  If people don't see that this is an unholy alliance between the media and the Democrats, they're just lying to themselves.  This is the libtards dream to rule in perpetuity and run this country into the ground while enriching themselves.  And they're having the people that are too stupid to question things do most of their work for them.
check the name calling,  if you cant be civil towards those you disagree with either dont respond to/about them or you will not be allowed to post.

All threads appears to be is Meta-Twitter. For better or worse there's now another brainless social media option for the masses.

Don't forget about "TRUTH Social" which formed because of nonsensical "Lies" by the ex-president about a stolen election.  What a frickin' stupid joke that is...

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
well apparently Threads wants to be what Twitter was before it was cleaned up by Elon.

[Image: threads-removed-post-community-guideli8n...C720&ssl=1]

so,  apparently news isnt allowed.

[Image: threads-following-donald-trump-jr.jpg?re...C676&ssl=1]

and you cant think for yourself without being questioned,  but at least they are transparent about the bias.  I would be curious if somebody tried following some of those from the other side of the coin who play fast and loose with the truth if they are warned about their reliability?
Lies are poison to democracy, no matter who is telling them. 
What makes you think “Lies are poison to democracy”?  I think if you were to say something like
that, the next logical solution is that “We need to stop the liars from lying,
so we’re going to make a Ministry of Truth which if not corrupted will let us
know who’s lying, but which in actuality will be run by the liars, because we
all know politicians are habitual liars, and it will actually prevent the truth-tellers
from telling the truth, rather than the liars from lying.

For me, I just don’t think you can outsource truth-seeking
into one singular group, because even if you start out with a perfect
trustworthy group, it’s not that hard to corrupt them.  You can take away their livelihood.  You can threaten their families.  You can offer them a ton of money.  There’s just so many options for them to fall
from grace.

I don’t think that “Lies are the poison to democracy” as
much as they are an inherent part of it, and more than anything, It’s not the
lie that’s the problem, it’s the actions that are the problem.  If we had a functioning media, they would
highlight the corruption and we would vote out the bad actors.  I think one tenant keeps coming up and that
has to do with Centralizing Power.  Centralizing
power makes systems easily corruptible.  So
while I don’t think it’s possible for Meta, to in good faith, act as a singular
Ministry of Truth, I do think there’s room for an ecosystem where many separate
organizations all act to highlight the truth because those that act in bad
faith are repeatedly shown for who they are and lose credibility in the market,
and I think that this pressure can provide us with the effect we’re looking
for.

I also think we have to be much more cognizant, not of lies,
but of missed opportunities to tell important facts.  If liberal rags are missing key facts that
conservatives are bringing up, and vice versa, somehow that has to be made
visible to us.

well I think Meddie, you are overthinking it. A lie is evil, plain and simple. Human nature is not deception, its a product of what we are capable of, the limitations of our ability to communicate,  coupled with power lust and freedom.  

No one is disagreeing that lying is bad, but where people
differ is regarding what we do about it. 
People who say the same thing as you are frequently the first ones to
say that a corruptible agency should be the ones that decide who shouldn’t be
allowed to have the right to speak or the right to hear.

What do you think is the correct solution (if any) for lying?