• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#222 RB DeWayne McBride UAB

Rick calls McBride "the steal of the draft." 

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/ex-v...l-of-draft

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Rick calls McBride "the steal of the draft." 

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/ex-v...l-of-draft

Yah, I heard this a while back. 

There are some Rooks coming in this year that I cant wait to see get coached-up and hit the field. 

More so than I can remember in a long while.

I think its the UDFA's as much as draft choices too 

Just last year Isaiah Pacheco was drafted in a similar range as McBride and was able to contribute for KC. He didn’t set the world on fire or anything but still, it’s definitely possible that McBride can help us as soon as this year. Same height and similar weight as Pacheco. Pacheco has the speed edge but McBride’s overall athleticism and prospect grades look higher.

Rooting for him!

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Just last year Isaiah Pacheco was drafted in a similar range as McBride and was able to contribute for KC. He didn’t set the world on fire or anything but still, it’s definitely possible that McBride can help us as soon as this year. Same height and similar weight as Pacheco. Pacheco has the speed edge but McBride’s overall athleticism and prospect grades look higher.

Rooting for him!
I think this is the best that Minnesota could hope for, a contributor. He's not a main RB NFL type. This kid is getting some recognition for being better than his drafted position, but I really doubt he'll be anything of any major impact. And the odds are he won't have any impact at all. But like you say, rooting for him.

McBride reminds me of Cam Akers coming out.  I wasn't a fan of Akers because of his projected draft slot (2nd round).  He just looked like a hard nosed runner without much juice (change of direction and explosiveness) and didn't really impress me as a pass catcher.  He's basically been that in the NFL, just a guy.  Runs hard and is good in short yardage and inside the red zone but he's not a game breaker like draft analysts predicted him to be.

That said...  if McBride can have an NFL career like Cam Akers (hopefully without the injuries), he'll be a steal in the 7th round.  I think he does some of the same things Mattison does so he could potentially step into that role if Mattison misses any games this season.