Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly, we should have known this would be a boring Draft....
When you’re constantly at the tail end of runs at.positions of need, you’re not navigating the draft well.  We have consistently seen that trend with Kwesi already.

Quote: @StickyBun said:

. 2nd rounder for Hockenson, good move.  
It was a good move.

Just sayin'  that deal isn't done, the Vikings still owe a 3rd in 2024 to the Lions for Hockenson.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I mean, what is Minnesota supposed to do with 5 picks? And no 2nd rounder? Can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. I see that fans are putting the organization in a no win situation. Why didn't they move up?? Then, why did they pick Addison? Why did they move down? lol. Tough crowd. But I see this in every fanbase on Draft day. Weird expectations. 

Needed a WR to replace our old #2 (Thielen). Done. 2nd rounder for Hockenson, good move. Need a corner, done. Yet nobody seems very happy with it. I think Viking's fans think this season is going to be a complete shit show, which I don't get either. I'm not saying go homer pollyanna on things, but Jesus....
Totes, we are all fanatics i guess just to varying degrees.  Its entertaining to read all the negative posts as if we know better than highly accomplished pros, even about specifics. We are all invested deeply so i guess i get it. 

Old frustrations from long timers cause some to be hyper critical today. I get it. We're a long suffering fanbase. No guarantees the Vikings will ever win it all. But every season truly is a new year, with various degrees of optimism. I know my patience level is very, very short. My mindset is until they show me at whatever point in the season that they are bad or otherwise, I'll tend to be cautiously optimistic. But I'm completely fair-weather now. 100%. I'm not wasting my entertainment time watching a shit show. 

The biggest off-season move was Flores...

I had a lot of fun in a 13 win season and I'm able to remember that more vs 1 and done as time goes on. 

Already looking forward to this year. I like the coaching staff more now than b4. I dont expect 13 wins again, I do expect a competitive team that might do more in a post season game (s) 

What has put the team in the hole was some bad luck and major misses in the drafts of 2020 and 2021.   While in 2020 the Vikings hit the jackpot with Justin Jefferson and a nice starter in Cleveland, and KJ Osbornem Wonnum as a backup and Josh Metellus as a 3rd WR and special teams, solid Safety back up the rest was awful.   Wasted 1st rounder in Gladney, the rest were just AWFUL.   2021 was worse, Darrisaw was a no brainer, but Mond, Surratt, and Davis were complete whiffs.  Bynum and Nwangwu are solid contributors but the rest were a complete fail.  2022 migh still ring the bell we will see, but its unfortunate when you don't get ANY production out of your first and second rounders in their rookie year.   This is NOT on Kwesi yet.

I am curious if anyone could explain why the Vikings took Blackmon (5'11", 182 lbs., runs a 4.4 range) from USC over Mingo (6' 1", 207 lbs., runs a 4.3 range) from Georgia)?  Then goes to Philly of all places.

Quote: @Chuckf said:
What has put the team in the hole was some bad luck and major misses in the drafts of 2020 and 2021.   While in 2020 the Vikings hit the jackpot with Justin Jefferson and a nice starter in Cleveland, and KJ Osbornem Wonnum as a backup and Josh Metellus as a 3rd WR and special teams, solid Safety back up the rest was awful.   Wasted 1st rounder in Gladney, the rest were just AWFUL.   2021 was worse, Darrisaw was a no brainer, but Mond, Surratt, and Davis were complete whiffs.  Bynum and Nwangwu are solid contributors but the rest were a complete fail.  2022 migh still ring the bell we will see, but its unfortunate when you don't get ANY production out of your first and second rounders in their rookie year.   This is NOT on Kwesi yet.

2 starters from each draft is the target.  If you get +3 thats a home run draft.  The years where you can hit on 1 of your 2 top picks and 2 of your other picks are the years you see growth on teams in terms of wins.  The jury is still out on '22 but '20 was a home run.  '21 isn't terrible?  We got a probowler out of it.  We'll see what happens with Bynum and Nwangwu this year. 

Everyone should be happy to be reminded we currently have 5 picks in next years draft too!  :p

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
I am curious if anyone could explain why the Vikings took Blackmon (5'11", 182 lbs., runs a 4.4 range) from USC over Mingo (6' 1", 207 lbs., runs a 4.3 range) from Georgia)?  Then goes to Philly of all places.

Because that what people who do this for a living decided to go with?  Flores signed here to make our defense great again and decided he liked Blackmon over Mingo.  In fact you could say he liked Blackmon over lots of other CB targets and lots of other positions on D where we've got all kinds of holes to fill.  They took him earlier then most thought he'd go, so they must have had him very high on their list. 

Who knows how it'll turn out?
The geniuses in Philly took Reagor over Jefferson so it's not like they get it right all the time. 

“I think from an explosive playmaker standpoint, that’s Jalen Reagor,”
Zierlein said. “If you want to ask me higher ceiling, lower floor,
Reagor’s got a higher ceiling, lower floor. But if you’re looking to hit
a double, Justin Jefferson’s the double.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/e...e-zierlein