Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly, we should have known this would be a boring Draft....
I mean, what is Minnesota supposed to do with 5 picks? And no 2nd rounder? Can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. I see that fans are putting the organization in a no win situation. Why didn't they move up?? Then, why did they pick Addison? Why did they move down? lol. Tough crowd. But I see this in every fanbase on Draft day. Weird expectations. 

Needed a WR to replace our old #2 (Thielen). Done. 2nd rounder for Hockenson, good move. Need a corner, done. Yet nobody seems very happy with it. I think Viking's fans think this season is going to be a complete shit show, which I don't get either. I'm not saying go homer pollyanna on things, but Jesus....

I think many, including me, fell in love with the notion of the team identifying a possible QBOTF to eventually succeed Kirk. Granted it would have been tough to do with the lack of picks, but that mentality of a new staff finding their guy for the next 10-15 years was intriguing.

With that being said, I liked the two picks so far, especially Addison. I can see this offense really taking a huge step next season, with a year's experience under their belts and a new weapon to help keep defenses honest. As for Blackmon, I knew the team had an interest in him during the draft process, but I didn't think they would take him over other hyped prospects like Ringo or even Phillips. But he seems like a good player and I'll trust that Flores wanted him so I'm cool with it.

Honestly, there's no reason this team shouldn't compete for the Division or at least a playoff spot. I mean, there's only a couple of teams in the NFC that I think are clearly better, and as far as QB's go the only one in the NFC I'd take over Kirk is Hurts.

Fans have strong opinions
KAM in a hole perception wise from last year among many
I suspect more wanted to see a QBOTF taken than will admit it
Not a lot of trading around gives perception of passive 
Addison was the 4th WR taken 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
I think many, including me, fell in love with the notion of the team identifying a possible QBOTF to eventually succeed Kirk. Granted it would have been tough to do with the lack of picks, but that mentality of a new staff finding their guy for the next 10-15 years was intriguing.
Me as well. But when I saw Levis not getting drafted and Hooker in the late teens of round 1, I knew Minnesota wasn't going to take one at #23. So I got my arms around that this Draft wasn't going to produce a QBOTF. 

All of our division rivals stockpiled picks and are getting better quick.  We’re spinning our wheels. In two years, we’ll be at the bottom of the division if i had to guess right now.  I dont see strategic planning going on outside of the decision to not extend Cousins and potentially cutting our losses on others.  This team with this D has no hope to win it all, and frankly thats what matters. By the time Flores has an effect on this D, Im guessing he’ll be gone. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Me as well. But when I saw Levis not getting drafted and Hooker in the late teens of round 1, I knew Minnesota wasn't going to take one at #23. So I got my arms around that this Draft wasn't going to produce a QBOTF. 
Same here. Once they passed on a QB in the 1st it was time to refocus on the rest of the roster. I think a problem that some (many?) have is that they have particular players or positions that they want selected, and if the team doesn't do that then they are upset with the rest of the draft. I'll just focus on the positives of the guys we picked up and hope they help get us to where we want to go.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Fans have strong opinions
KAM in a hole perception wise from last year among many
I suspect more wanted to see a QBOTF taken than will admit it
Not a lot of trading around gives perception of passive 
Addison was the 4th WR taken 
A kicker went off the board before our 2nd pick

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I mean, what is Minnesota supposed to do with 5 picks? And no 2nd rounder? Can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. I see that fans are putting the organization in a no win situation. Why didn't they move up?? Then, why did they pick Addison? Why did they move down? lol. Tough crowd. But I see this in every fanbase on Draft day. Weird expectations. 

Needed a WR to replace our old #2 (Thielen). Done. 2nd rounder for Hockenson, good move. Need a corner, done. Yet nobody seems very happy with it. I think Viking's fans think this season is going to be a complete shit show, which I don't get either. I'm not saying go homer pollyanna on things, but Jesus....
Fans are stupid. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Fans are stupid. 
100%. And I include myself in this. Emotional animals. 

Quote: @Waterboy said:
All of our division rivals stockpiled picks and are getting better quick.  We’re spinning our wheels. In two years, we’ll be at the bottom of the division if i had to guess right now.  I dont see strategic planning going on outside of the decision to not extend Cousins and potentially cutting our losses on others.  This team with this D has no hope to win it all, and frankly thats what matters. By the time Flores has an effect on this D, Im guessing he’ll be gone. 
This is kind of how I see it as well. Not just within our own division but Philly, Dallas, San Francisco and the like continue to get better while we are just kind of holding serve and hoping to be competitive enough to appease the Wilfs and sell some tickets when a roster reset probably should have been done when the new regime was brought in. Feel good regular seasons and getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs does nothing for me.