Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nashville school shooting
Shot through a glass door to gain entry. 

Oldest kid was 9

Headmaster was killed. 

Wonder if the shooter was influenced in any way by the new TN law?  https://abc17news.com/news/2023/03/03/te...-minors-2/

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
Guess from some responses, there is nothing to be done.  Since the shooter was killed on site their solutions are moot. I guess this is what those who wrote the constitution had in mind.
How about we wait for some facts to come out before we blow up into a pissing match that changes nothing.  
Just agreeing with your sentiment about “lots of cold dead hands” and “civil war 2.0”. If i missed your point what was it?  Slow deaths after the fact are going to deter these events?  What is your side going to back down on, back ground checks, red flag laws, any accountability for enablers?  Just waiting for a cogent suggestion for a first step, but it never happens.  There appears to be a real pattern and it isn’t library books or drag queens in bathrooms.
I say it's a constitutional right,   you want to change it the rules are very clear,  and if even a sliver of those not on your side thought that what your side proposes would actually do anything,  or that it wouldn't lead to more rights being taken,   then you would have your majority to change the constitution,   but since your side has shown no ability to govern without over reach,  to acknowledge failed policies instead of doubling down on stupidity,  then I guess you are right,   so go ahead and keep dressing up in women's underwear or whatever it is that your side enjoys to do with your free time,  I am going to go shoot something

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
Guess from some responses, there is nothing to be done.  Since the shooter was killed on site their solutions are moot. I guess this is what those who wrote the constitution had in mind.
How about we wait for some facts to come out before we blow up into a pissing match that changes nothing.  
Just agreeing with your sentiment about “lots of cold dead hands” and “civil war 2.0”. If i missed your point what was it?  Slow deaths after the fact are going to deter these events?  What is your side going to back down on, back ground checks, red flag laws, any accountability for enablers?  Just waiting for a cogent suggestion for a first step, but it never happens.  There appears to be a real pattern and it isn’t library books or drag queens in bathrooms.
I say it's a constitutional right,   you want to change it the rules are very clear,  and if even a sliver of those not on your side thought that what your side proposes would actually do anything,  or that it wouldn't lead to more rights being taken,   then you would have your majority to change the constitution,   but since your side has shown no ability to govern without over reach,  to acknowledge failed policies instead of doubling down on stupidity,  then I guess you are right,   so go ahead and keep dressing up in women's underwear or whatever it is that your side enjoys to do with your free time,  I am going to go shoot something

So you got nothing. Like I said celebrate your rights and enjoy it.  

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

There are discussions,   but they become moot when your sides track record comes into the discussion.  Typically things like red flag laws and other restrictions are accepted until the " how the dems will abuse them" comes up and thats the end.  A vast majority of gun owners aren't as strong willed about their guns as they are about the constitution and every inch gave has resulted in yards taken through perverted interpretations,  there just is no trust that any concessions won't be used against law abiding gun owners.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Wonder if the shooter was influenced in any way by the new TN law?  https://abc17news.com/news/2023/03/03/tennessee-governor-signs-ban-on-gender-affirming-care-for-minors-2/
You guys want the TN crib notes on why that law got passed?

And lets be clear. The law requires drag/burlesque dancers to not do their shows on public property and have age verification at the door. (Same law as Las Vegas fyi)

The law was passed because we had a drag queen hold a show at the college campus in our town on the arts department stage without approval. (not a student to my knowledge). At this show they had kids well under 10 tucking dollar bills in his g string. It got videotaped and all hell broke loose.  

College admin tried to pass the buck so legislators stepped in and made a law. 

There are plenty of people in this country that have guns, semi-automatics that shouldn't even own a cap gun.

Every night in my part of the world, the local news is filled with kids with guns shooting each others heads off...16 year olds, just babies. 

Either we as a society do something to try and reduce the # of guns among those that should not have one, or we can get incensed again at mass shooting #131, send some thoughts and prayers and move on with our lives waiting for the inevitable mass shooting #132. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

There are discussions,   but they become moot when your sides track record comes into the discussion.  Typically things like red flag laws and other restrictions are accepted until the " how the dems will abuse them" comes up and thats the end.  A vast majority of gun owners aren't as strong willed about their guns as they are about the constitution and every inch gave has resulted in yards taken through perverted interpretations,  there just is no trust that any concessions won't be used against law abiding gun owners.

What "track record", gun right's have only been expanded, as the second amendment is being reinterpreted to suit the gun lobby. 
Your fear of the "dems" boogey-strawman is killing a lot of children, man up and own it at least.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
There are plenty of people in this country that have guns, semi-automatics that shouldn't even own a cap gun.

Every night in my part of the world, the local news is filled with kids with guns shooting each others heads off...16 year olds, just babies. 

Either we as a society do something to try and reduce the # of guns among those that should not have one, or we can get incensed again at mass shooting #131, send some thoughts and prayers and move on with our lives waiting for the inevitable mass shooting #132. 

How do you begin to take away semi-automatic weapons?  Its somewhere in the 70s% of all guns in America are semi-automatic.

My wife said the exact same thing today.  She's been listening to podcasts and is convinced "Assault Riffles" are the problem.  She rides around the farm in a side by side and I had to explain to her that functionally there is absolutely no difference between what was used yesterday to murder children and the .22LR her butt nearly touches behind the seat every time she drives around. 

I'm fine with banning semi automatic weapons.  If you think going to a bolt action is what you'd like to see go for it.  For a skilled user it wouldn't really matter.  But how do you collect the +350,000,000 of them in circulation?
Couple points she didn't know......this coming from a farm woman who has hunted and shot casually throughout her life:
Automatic weapons by and large don't exist in the public's hands.The vast vast vast majority of guns in America are 1 trigger pull = 1 shot fired = semi automatic
To the best of my knowledge there hasn't been a automatic gun used in any school shooting.
AR stands for ArmaLite and was co-opted by the anti gun lobby to stand for Assault Riffle. 
Functionally, I could take any one of my riffles and match that to an "Assault Riffle". 

How do you differentiate evil features on evil Assault Riffles vs standard features on most guns in America when it comes to gun regulations?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:

How do you begin to take away semi-automatic weapons?  Its somewhere in the 70s% of all guns in America are semi-automatic.

My wife said the exact same thing today.  She's been listening to podcasts and is convinced "Assault Riffles" are the problem.  She rides around the farm in a side by side and I had to explain to her that functionally there is absolutely no difference between what was used yesterday to murder children and the .22LR her butt nearly touches behind the seat every time she drives around. 

I'm fine with banning semi automatic weapons.  If you think going to a bolt action is what you'd like to see go for it.  For a skilled user it wouldn't really matter.  But how do you collect the +350,000,000 of them in circulation?
Couple points she didn't know......this coming from a farm woman who has hunted and shot casually throughout her life:
Automatic weapons by and large don't exist in the public's hands.The vast vast vast majority of guns in America are 1 trigger pull = 1 shot fired = semi automatic
To the best of my knowledge there hasn't been a automatic gun used in any school shooting.
AR stands for ArmaLite and was co-opted by the anti gun lobby to stand for Assault Riffle. 
Functionally, I could take any one of my riffles and match that to an "Assault Riffle". 

How do you differentiate evil features on evil Assault Riffles vs standard features on most guns in America when it comes to gun regulations?
I don't know AGR...And I dont mean to fixate on Semi-Automatic.

Heck, kids up here are now getting these cheap, little switches that turn pistols into something that can fire a bunch of rounds in a heart-beat. 

All I know is doing the same thing as before and expecting different results...

My over/under on mass shooting #131 is about 5 weeks.